Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kitesurfing in summer... who wants to join?? :)

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
binmalkurzweg
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kitesurfing in summer... who wants to join?? :)

Postby binmalkurzweg » Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 pm

hello everybody!

i just started to lear kiteboarding and it seems to be so much fun :)
so i`m looking for some company for summer holidays! best time for me would be round 25.july-14.august and in september for about 2 weeks.

so where do i wanna go?? good question... i`m pretty flexible i`d say :)
fuerteventura, tarifa and egypt would be interesting, as well as zanzibar and the caribbean. and actually many more other places... difficult coice ;)
so if somebody`s interested to join just message me...
aloha!

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding
Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro

Re: kitesurfing in summer... who wants to join?? :)

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Sun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi,

Great that you started Kiting! From June - September Cabarete in the Dominican Republic has great wind and perfect conditions for kiting. Warm water, lots of sun, consistent side / side on shore wind and wide beaches are only a few reasons why Cabarete is one of the best place to kite. You can feel the caribbean charm of this little watersport town and apart from the watersports there is also a really good nighlife with great restaurants and bars on the beach and many other things to do and to see, such as trips to waterfalls, wakeboarding, surfing, diving and snorkling and much more.
The international airport Puerto Plata is only 20min. away from Cabatete and there are great deals from Europe (condor.de, ltur.com (superlastminute deals), Ltur, Jetairfly.com)

If you want to have more information about Cabarete and the kitesurfing here have a look at our website.

sunny regards,

Hooked Cabarete
www.hookedcabarete.com

AmericanRonin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Hampshire Seacoast
Favorite Beaches: Silver Sands, Barbados. Cabarete. Corpus Christi.
Style: Wave Rider
Gear: 6' Crazyfly Strapless, BWS TDZ

Postby AmericanRonin » Sun May 16, 2010 4:56 pm

That guy's right. I've been to cab twice, once was in the summer, once in the winter. Enjoyed myself immensely both times, even though we didn't get any wind the first time I went. Cab's crowded as hell though, not uncommon to see hundreds of kites on the water between Kite Beach and Bozo Bay on a windy day. If you don't mind the congestion, it's a hell of a place. If you're looking for somewhere a bit more personal to practice though, I'd suggest elsewhere. Zanzibar's secluded but has light wind that's not consistent from what I can tell. Also heard stories about how they make you pay a pretty hefty 'white tax' there if you know what I mean. Tarifa is similarly crowded during the summer, I've got a friend in Portugal now who says the conditions are just as good as Tarifa but with less of a crowd. She found a pretty sweet flatwater spot in Leucante. Never been to the Canaries but I'd like to go. I hear great things about them as well.

maike v
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa (Spain), Taiba (Brazil)
Style: combination of old school and wakestyle
Gear: Naish Torch
Brand Affiliation: Naish, wavebandits intl surfcenters

Postby maike v » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:07 pm

If you decide to come to Tarifa, pass by in our shop - kiteschool, wifi-lounge, a lot of nice people, relaxed atmosphere!

If you have any questions concerning kitesurfing, accomodation, etc. in Tarifa, let me know: maike@wavebandits.com

Best sunny regards,
Maike
www.wavebandits.com

Return to “Travel”