I'm planning on building my first plywood DOOR similar to this one : viewtopic.php?f=107&t=2364963&p=656276#p656276
- Same shape, different size tho.
I'm thinking that i'm gonna build it approx. 146 x 48 or 50 since i'm a big guy.
Looking through the many different posts in here, here is my plan:
- Glueing 3 piesces of 4mm plywood together and giving it a very little rocker.
- Shaping the top 3d and thereby reducing weight and giving it a little more flex.
- Then painting it.
- Then giving it 2 fiberglass mats on top and 3 on the bottom.
How does this plan sound?
I have a few questions that i hope you can help me with:
-When i bend the board a little while glueing it, how much of this bend will dissapear when i remove the weights i put on the the board? Should i bend it more than i need, so that i will aline afterwards? If yes, how much would you guess i should bend it extra?
-Is there any special kind of paint/spraypaint i should use??
-What thickness fiberglass should i use?
- Have i forgotten anything in my plan?
-Should i give my board any kind of waterresistant treatment before painting it?
If yes, what??
I know i have a lot of questions but really hope that some of you boardbuilder "pros" can help me out.
And sorry for my poor english.