I'm hoping that somebody got some photos - if they turn up we'll be sure to post them. I rode the 8m Razor and was somewhat overpowered in about 20+ knots of wind. I weigh 155lbs and was riding the new 2011 5'11 Surf strapless. If we'd had one there I would have been riding the 6m instead. My thoughts:
1) The Razor is a totally different kite than the Rise.
2) The Razor sits much further back in the window, with constant power and outstanding stability. The kite more or less feels the same no matter what you do with the bar (in terms of sheeting in/out).
3) The canopy is rock solid, despite having two less struts than the Rise. I attribute this to the pronounced C shape and the placement of the four strut configuration.
4) Bar pressure is significantly higher than with the Rise (which is very light), and as such there is more direct feedback.
5) I was expecting the Razor to have a lot less power (size for size) than the Rise, but it does not. It pulls like a tank.
6) The Razor has less top end/range than the Rise, as you cannot vary the angle of attack nearly as much. This is what people sometimes confuse as " on - off " power with the Rise. The power of the Rise corresponds directly with how the rider sheets in or out. Hold the bar steady and you get a constant angle of attack, and with that, constant power.
In sum, both are killer kites. You just have to pick your poison based on what you want to do with them.
Performance over Hype