Ian
Medium Poster
Gear: Luxe Surf
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Kite Race Series Hawaii

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:56 am

Looks like the final event of the Race Series is going to be BIG. Heavey hitters in town include Bruno Sroka, Paolo Rista, The Richmans, Alex A, Patri.... Several more entrants from Oahu!

Forecast looks strong so the Shadowbox heats should be BIG. m As well the Twin tip and Surf Divisions will be super competetive

Signups start at 10, skippers meeting at 11 LATEST. First start 11:30.

Come on down!

alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha

Postby alex a » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 pm

The Naish Racing Series culminated yesterday with a fantastic day of racing for the Hawaii State Kiteracing Championships. Winds ranged from about 20 to as high as 35 knots.
Another great day of racing guys!

The Shadow Box altitude event was really fun to watch and Congrats to Toast for hitting, I think it was 53 ft!! Guess what, his record is 73.7 ft (without jumping a wave too) and he backed it up yesterday!

I just want to thank the whole Naish crew personally for putting on such a great series!!
AA

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Looks like it's going to be "big" and with all the "heavy hitters" in town. You're joking right?

Kite racing is like competitive kitesurfing in 2001. Total joke. But at least in 2001 you knew kitesurfing was going to be cool. Kite racing will always be a bunch of kooks that can't bust a move freestyle.

Big air comps is always fun as long as people don't take it too seriously. Congrats to toast!!!

Ian
Medium Poster
Gear: Luxe Surf

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey SS - The most interesting thing about running this series all summer is that the number of "core" wake and surf guys that came down kept growing. I got more positive feedback from people that I did not expect to even show up.

I would actually equate the race series with the old "fleet" vibe when I was racing the old standard windsurfer. a sense of community, lots of heckling, and an emphasis on fun. Hell, maybe we need to re-introduce buoy-ball...

So, think what you will about racing, but everybody had a great time.

Ian

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah, that's cool. It's calling the "top" athletes "heavy hitters" that I found ridiculous. Maybe the poster was being sarcastic but I don't think so. Fun yes!!! Stoke yes!!! Serious competition, maybe if you think an afterwork softball league is serious competition.

So enjoy it while you can because real soon it's going to be all about the gear and the guy that spends more money wins.

alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha

Postby alex a » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi "superstoke",
I guess you think that Jesse and Shawn Richman, Damien Leroy, and Patri all have no freestyle game?? I guess you are out of their league too...I didn't realize they were a bunch of kooks as you say!!
Who the ----- are you? Nice hiding behind a nickname and posting crap. Maybe you should change your name to superjoke?
AA

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Superstoke is just a troll.
Anyone who reads in a forum about racing and then writing:
Kite racing is like competitive kitesurfing in 2001. Total joke. But at least in 2001 you knew kitesurfing was going to be cool. Kite racing will always be a bunch of kooks that can't bust a move freestyle.
is ONLY after getting people pissed off. It is not worth a response, and you certainly know that this person will not ever get the stoke we all get from having as much fun as we had. It is simply a bitter low-brow vomit from a person that has very little knowledge on the subject.

I find it so funny that people in so many facets of life seems to discount shit they absolutely nothing about. It goes very well along with the research indicating that people who know very little about something tends to over estimate their skills and people that knows a lot tends to underestimate their own skills.

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:50 am

alexa, so having some good freestyle guys at a course race event makes it a serious competition??? My point exactly. Total joke.

Fun, yeah, if your into that. Serious competition, no way.

Sailing for people that can't afford a sailboat. That's cool. Like windsurfing in 15 knots in flat water cool. Teched out nerd sport great for the over 50 crowd. Go for it. Have a blast. I hear golf is a lot of fun too.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 am

tautologies wrote:Superstoke is just a troll.
Anyone who reads in a forum about racing and then writing:
is ONLY after getting people pissed off. It is not worth a response, and you certainly know that this person will not ever get the stoke we all get from having as much fun as we had. It is simply a bitter low-brow vomit from a person that has very little knowledge on the subject.

I find it so funny that people in so many facets of life seems to discount shit they absolutely nothing about. It goes very well along with the research indicating that people who know very little about something tends to over estimate their skills and people that knows a lot tends to underestimate their own skills.
:thumb:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2366049

Return to “Kitesurfing”