All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: LW board specs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 am 
Rare Poster

I am looking at at specs for light wind boards, and wondering : is multiplying length by width is a good indication of the ligth wind capabilities of a board ? or is the sidecut\shape of these boards make the calculation unrelevant ?

based on the following specs I am temted by the F-one fifty pro which seems a good light wind board without being to bulky, comments and opinins welcome

cheers

cab plasma 146X46 = 6716

SS Glide = 149X45.5 = 6779,5

North Phantom 156X45 = 7020

F-one fifty pro = 150X48 = 7200

spleen door = 164X50 = 8200

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: LW board specs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

my new LW board is 121x46... and it will outperform any of those boards, outline and rocker are critical.

do yourself and get a skim, helluva lot more fun than a monster TT and teaches you some very important skills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 am 
Medium Poster

Hey, how about taking a look at the Lightwave Dave light wind board the WING. Great lightwind, upwind like a champ, can also ride in the choppy waves, super graphics. Three of us here just got our WING 150 x 45, and are totally stoked having previous the Spleene Door, JL Flightdeck, and the Nobile. Hands down the WING is the thing for light wind. The three of us are now called the upWING team.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 am 
Frequent Poster

You have to demo an Aboard Glider 2010. I've tried a lot of light wind boards, and this is the best. Shooting up wind and really comfortable to ride. It's so much fun being the only one on the water, when evrybody else is standing on the beach. And if you have enough power in the kite to get your butt out of the water, it will go up wind and you can do trix. I had no problem doing raileys, uh kiteloops and small kiteloop transitions last monday, when everybody else was looking from the beach... :) That was so fun!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:19 pm 
Medium Poster

[ 5 posts ]