All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New from RI/CT- Looking for some kite advice
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:26 pm 
Medium Poster

So ever since I found out about kiting I have always wanted to try it. And finally about 2 years ago the opportunity came up to try. So I did a full afternoon 1 on 1 with an instructor and was getting up on the board at the very end. This was off of Jetty Island in Everett Washington. Unfortunately, I was never able to really get into it at the time. But recently have had the fire re lit and really want to get into it.

I Live in CT and RI, depending on whether I'm at home or at school, so plenty of places to kite. I also have a pretty decent board background, as I have been surfing the last 4-5 years, so its really the kite skills I need to work on.

Was lucky enough to borrow a BEST Trainer from one of the guys I work with in CT and prob have 5-10 hours on that, and can fly it without looking, while walking up and down the beach. So I am thinking it is time to make the next step.

I was thinking about picking up a used or left over 5M and a harness for some light wind practice on the beach and to get used to launching and landing, and then working on some body drags. Also I figure then I would have a high wind kite, or a kite I could use with one of my 3 surfboards.

Just looking for any thoughts or tips. How hard is it to ride on a strapless board, I have 3 boards, a 7'6", a 6' fish, and a 6'3" shortboard.

Also if anyone is in the area I would love to talk kiting.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New from RI/CT- Looking for some kite advice
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 pm 
Rare Poster

Check out masskiting.com - great resource for New England kiting.

[ 2 posts ]