Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board

Forum for kitesurfers
ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board

Postby ronnie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 am

The Naish is a tri fin, but the Cabrinha is a quad with 4 powerbox fins and costs £999 and is 183 by 58.5cm.

The Fanatic quad windsurf board 2011, is 226 by 53.5cm, has the same number of fins, deckpads, straps, and has one thing extra (apart from the extra size) - a mast track, and it costs £1489. Thats a more expensive construction, but based on their Skate, even in the cheaper construction it would be about £1229.

http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/Fanatic_ ... oards.html

PeterP
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Sales Manager Airush Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PeterP » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:01 pm

The fins for a course board cost about 100Euro each so if you want a cheap board just ask them to take the fins off......

Course boards are epoxi sandwich construction (like SUP's and Windsurfboards) and it just takes longer and costs more to put them together. Then add the fins and you have a price which is more than waveboards etc.

I suggest making the board yourself and see what it adds up to - and then see if it competes with the boards that have some R&D behind them...

Sorry to sound cynical - but I sincerely believe most of the companies would sell you a courseboard for 500 Euro if there was any profit in it - problem is there isn't........

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 pm

PeterP wrote:The fins for a course board cost about 100Euro each so if you want a cheap board just ask them to take the fins off......

Course boards are epoxi sandwich construction (like SUP's and Windsurfboards) and it just takes longer and costs more to put them together. Then add the fins and you have a price which is more than waveboards etc.

I suggest making the board yourself and see what it adds up to - and then see if it competes with the boards that have some R&D behind them...

Sorry to sound cynical - but I sincerely believe most of the companies would sell you a courseboard for 500 Euro if there was any profit in it - problem is there isn't........
I called a custom company and they quoted me 600 with fins.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Tone wrote:
PeterP wrote:The fins for a course board cost about 100Euro each so if you want a cheap board just ask them to take the fins off......

I called a custom company and they quoted me 600 with fins.
Well then ask which fins? Can you change them? I've seen a lot of boards with super small fins, which doesn't make for great light wind performance. With super small fins they ride like a big surfboard.

...but 600 is a great price.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 am

I am told that the Naish Venturi will retail in the USA for $1129 with recreational fins or $1249 with race fins. In comparison the North race board will retail for $1499 and they have a less expensive recreational version too. I don't know the Cabrinha pricing but I expect it to be similar.

Personally, I am waiting for the Naish Venturi but the distributer has not given us an availability date.

:wink:
CG

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm

cglazier wrote:I am told that the Naish Venturi will retail in the USA for $1129 with recreational fins or $1249 with race fins. In comparison the North race board will retail for $1499 and they have a less expensive recreational version too. I don't know the Cabrinha pricing but I expect it to be similar.

Personally, I am waiting for the Naish Venturi but the distributer has not given us an availability date.

:wink:
CG
They have some around here.... I don't know much about the technology and different (getting there though), but I am out riding before anyone else can get their kites in the air...

Return to “Kitesurfing”