*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm
Posts: 3006
The Naish is a tri fin, but the Cabrinha is a quad with 4 powerbox fins and costs £999 and is 183 by 58.5cm.

The Fanatic quad windsurf board 2011, is 226 by 53.5cm, has the same number of fins, deckpads, straps, and has one thing extra (apart from the extra size) - a mast track, and it costs £1489. Thats a more expensive construction, but based on their Skate, even in the cheaper construction it would be about £1229.

http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/Fanatic_ ... oards.html


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:01 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:38 am
Posts: 196
The fins for a course board cost about 100Euro each so if you want a cheap board just ask them to take the fins off......

Course boards are epoxi sandwich construction (like SUP's and Windsurfboards) and it just takes longer and costs more to put them together. Then add the fins and you have a price which is more than waveboards etc.

I suggest making the board yourself and see what it adds up to - and then see if it competes with the boards that have some R&D behind them...

Sorry to sound cynical - but I sincerely believe most of the companies would sell you a courseboard for 500 Euro if there was any profit in it - problem is there isn't........


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Posts: 1474
PeterP wrote:
The fins for a course board cost about 100Euro each so if you want a cheap board just ask them to take the fins off......

Course boards are epoxi sandwich construction (like SUP's and Windsurfboards) and it just takes longer and costs more to put them together. Then add the fins and you have a price which is more than waveboards etc.

I suggest making the board yourself and see what it adds up to - and then see if it competes with the boards that have some R&D behind them...

Sorry to sound cynical - but I sincerely believe most of the companies would sell you a courseboard for 500 Euro if there was any profit in it - problem is there isn't........


I called a custom company and they quoted me 600 with fins.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8661
Location: Oahu
Tone wrote:
PeterP wrote:
The fins for a course board cost about 100Euro each so if you want a cheap board just ask them to take the fins off......

Course boards are epoxi sandwich construction (like SUP's and Windsurfboards) and it just takes longer and costs more to put them together. Then add the fins and you have a price which is more than waveboards etc.

I suggest making the board yourself and see what it adds up to - and then see if it competes with the boards that have some R&D behind them...

Sorry to sound cynical - but I sincerely believe most of the companies would sell you a courseboard for 500 Euro if there was any profit in it - problem is there isn't........


I called a custom company and they quoted me 600 with fins.


Well then ask which fins? Can you change them? I've seen a lot of boards with super small fins, which doesn't make for great light wind performance. With super small fins they ride like a big surfboard.

...but 600 is a great price.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 1794
Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
I am told that the Naish Venturi will retail in the USA for $1129 with recreational fins or $1249 with race fins. In comparison the North race board will retail for $1499 and they have a less expensive recreational version too. I don't know the Cabrinha pricing but I expect it to be similar.

Personally, I am waiting for the Naish Venturi but the distributer has not given us an availability date.

:wink:
CG


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish 2011 - Race kite & Board
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8661
Location: Oahu
cglazier wrote:
I am told that the Naish Venturi will retail in the USA for $1129 with recreational fins or $1249 with race fins. In comparison the North race board will retail for $1499 and they have a less expensive recreational version too. I don't know the Cabrinha pricing but I expect it to be similar.

Personally, I am waiting for the Naish Venturi but the distributer has not given us an availability date.

:wink:
CG


They have some around here.... I don't know much about the technology and different (getting there though), but I am out riding before anyone else can get their kites in the air...


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group