Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

This is great: Twin Tip Class at Kiteboard Tour Asia

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:08 pm

As we saw from our first year of running the course racing, riders using race boards had a big effect on the racing and offered great advantages to the riders using them, so to keep the doors open to all those riders who would like to try out racing, the KTA will have both race board and twin-tip classes. Both classes will race together with the overall race finishing postions counting for the world ranking points, but for the KTA both the first three race board and twin-tips will be recognised and awarded for their efforts.

www.kiteboardtour.asia

This is great for racing! :thumb:

ELLINAS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: This is great: Twin Tip Class at Kiteboard Tour Asia

Postby ELLINAS » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Toby, i have my doubts...

I dont think this is great, because racing IS RACING its all about technic-speed and most of all brain..And it has to be done right. Fast boards which are dedicated ONLY for racing are needed for this.
TT racing is like F1 racing with Suv's . No. This is wrong and people who want to go into racing should invest a bit of time & money to start it right.
If not there is a trap awaiting after a while and racing will turn into nothing serious. More like a fun party for friends.

I dont have any problem with partys. But at one point we should separate the men from the boys.

Kite racing IS the F1 of kiting. And it should stay like that.
So should freestyle (or should we compete with raceboards? - )
hangtime,
boardercross etc.
Thats why we have so many and intersesting disciplines in kiting. And for each one you use the apropriate equipment.
So, finally we have many disciplines but it looks that only ONE will be an Olympic discipline. The most honest one. Racing. (my opinion).
Because in racing, luck or judges are not (much) involved.
If you are the best you win after all. Luck has nothing to do at the end.
You cannot say, i had a bad moment.
If you train hard and got the brain you can make the difference.

Aris Evdos

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: This is great: Twin Tip Class at Kiteboard Tour Asia

Postby Toby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:52 pm

there is not only F1, but F3, porsche cup, touring races etc.
So people can race with what they prefer.

Why I don't race anymore? I hate directionals! With twintips I would race again.

And, don't forget the fun factor for normal people...and from those normal people, they could take a step further and go for highest performance boards and get into the directional race class.
Same if you are good into F3, you will get into F1. But if there is no F3, the most wouldn't have the chance to get into F1...

Return to “Kitesurfing”