Forum for kitesurfers
Grommet74
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Getting barreled

Postby Grommet74 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Francisco_C wrote:You can only get barrel when you are a TRUE surfer/tow/bodyboarder and for this it take passion and love mix with adrenaline , extreme fitness and years of knowledge ...
True bodyboarder?

See my definition is "You can only get barreled when you are a true STAND UP surfer ( kite / tow / surfer)

Francisco_C
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ocean Park and " the island "...
Favorite Beaches: Puerto Escondido ,MX , Salsa Brava , CR La Punta , RD among a few...
Style: Don't know !!???
Gear: Anything
Brand Affiliation: SkyBanditz Kiteboarding Puerto Rico

Postby Francisco_C » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Grommet74 wrote:
Francisco_C wrote:You can only get barrel when you are a TRUE surfer/tow/bodyboarder and for this it take passion and love mix with adrenaline , extreme fitness and years of knowledge ...
True bodyboarder?

See my definition is "You can only get barreled when you are a true STAND UP surfer ( kite / tow / surfer)
Exactly ! TRUE , when you paddle into the wave , duck dive ... when is you and your board out there ... :lol:

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Guilly barreling lobitos at 1:50. Nice techinique for controlling speed before the section!

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:45 am

Thats just epic video. Forgot one of the best locals though the Gecko. I just spent 6 months in that area. My advice to anyone going there is always respect locals and they will respect you! I am a kiter and a surfer I look at it this way, compare me to a surfer I have a kite its is unfair if you can let the surfer go first sometimes you can chase down the one behind it, the surfer doesnt have the agility you do and also most of the time you give away a wave the one behind is bigger and all yours. It is like when a waverunner comes around us in Cancun where I live we curde and tell them to go away or not fair they have a motor, see my point? To bad all the fake locals, you know who you are didnt repsect the locals right Rob? You did and didnt have anyproblems but the Barneys well..... :thumb: It feels good to pass a wave to a friend try it! Happy holidays to all and good winds!

rycracker1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: scarbs
Favorite Beaches: west oz
Style: unhooked unstrapped
Gear: slingshot

Postby rycracker1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 am

kazi
Medium Poster

Postby kazi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:17 am

Francisco_C wrote:
Grommet74 wrote:
True bodyboarder?

Exactly ! TRUE , when you paddle into the wave , duck dive ... when is you and your board out there ... :lol:
Kiteboarders who make fun of bodyboarders are like recumbent riders making fun of freestyle bmxers. It only makes you look foolish. Bodyboarders do more then just ride thru it, they play around in the tube going thru drop knee, stand up or prone and doing rolls n spins.

It's just plain retarded to think your superior when your being pulled by either a boat, wind or jet ski. When you started supplementing your wakeboarding with kiteboarding it was a clarion call to leave "the dick" behind.

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:00 am

lobodomar wrote:Guilly barreling lobitos at 1:50. Nice techinique for controlling speed before the section!

great riders (kite & surf) and great video :thumb:

seems quite dangerous spot with these rocks around...

rossmac
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anse La Rais
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne
Style: wave/freestyle
Gear: North Rebel 7&9 meter
X ride 135
Aminson 6'surfboard
Brand Affiliation: North

Postby rossmac » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:30 am

yes i will give you that. :thumb:

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:30 am

i gotta stick up for kneeboarders , i was in Tahiti and saw one of the best barrels I have ever seen by about a 60 year old knee boarder with a white beard.

GBH Riv
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sydney South
Style: surf
Gear: north

Postby GBH Riv » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:25 am

Nearly inside - Sydney Austrailia
Attachments