Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Free Kite Clinic Washington DC Sat Sep 26 at 12 noon

A forum for listing events and demos of any kind, anywhere in the world.

DesertWind
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: I live between Homer, Alaska, Washington, DC and Oahu, Hawaii.
Favorite Beaches: I love kiting and teaching in places where the scene is just getting off the ground and everyone is psyched to learn. Personally, I like riding at my home beach in Homer, Alaska, snowkiting in Flagstaff, Arizona, and almost anywhere in the Caribbean. South Padre Island, TX and Cape Hatteras, NC are great for riding and teaching too. Now that we are in Hawaii a lot, I am really loving the small, tight wave focused scene on Oahu.
Style: Anything with a kite.
Gear: I ride anything safe and fun.

Free Kite Clinic Washington DC Sat Sep 26 at 12 noon

Postby DesertWind » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:51 am

FREE KITE CLINIC
Join Traveler at West Potomac Park just south of downtown D.C. for a FREE power kite clinic. Traveler will have small and large kites for people to use and learn about. He will be teaching participants all about power kite sports such as kiteboarding (water), snowkiting (snow) & land kiting (mountain board, buggy) and demonstrating some of the equipment used. This is an introductory class that will teach participants the basics of kite equipment, wind, weather and flying technique. Meet at 12 noon Sat Sep 26 at West Potomac State Park in the long skinny lawn area along the river.

Over the next few months I will host weekend free kite clinics both here in the city and on the Maryland and Delaware coast. Keep an eye on the calendar under "Lessons/Trips" for times and dates.

For directions visit the Desert Wind Kiteboarding KITE SPOTS page.

For more information please call or email Traveler
at 907.299.1119
info@desertwindkiteboarding.com
http://www.desertwindkiteboarding.com
Attachments
IMG_8660.jpg

Return to “Events & Demos”