Rare Poster
Local Beach: agelohori
Favorite Beaches: kerros, prassonisi, rahhes
Gear: swithcblade ids
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Crazyfly Raptor Pro opinions?

Postby bisdremis » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 pm

has anyone has ridden a raptor ? i cant demo one , so please some info, full carbon makes me scared of being too stiff :( for all around use(not only flat water).upwind ability ?any drawbacks? spray or something?thanks :bye:

shawntkeating
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Crazyfly Raptor Pro opinions?

Postby shawntkeating » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I have used it in everything from butter smooth water to really big sea's. I just will say this. I dont think about it when I ride. I just get on it and ride. So I will say it is a good board. I have not ridden enough boards to compare its little particulars, but I think its a great board.

yehonatan_naim
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby yehonatan_naim » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 pm

bisdremis wrote:has anyone has ridden a raptor ? i cant demo one , so please some info, full carbon makes me scared of being too stiff :( for all around use(not only flat water).upwind ability ?any drawbacks? spray or something?thanks :bye:

The Raptor is one of the best boards you can find,
There are few boards you cann't get wrong with them the Raptor is for sure one of them.
Just take the right size for your weight.

1.very very smooth on chops
2.curving abilities is very good.
3.pop is very nice especially if you take into account the softness of the board.
4.landing are smooth, and jumps are easy.
5.switching to toe side is very easy and smooth.
6.upwind ability is good.
7.overpower, there is no such a thing with this board, it can hold any power.
8.and yes there is no such a thing spray into the face.

Tio
Medium Poster

Postby Tio » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi, I've using the brand since 2008. This is my third Raptor. I have really enjoyed riding this board evey where. Have tested it in open sea Argentina and Brasil, some wave riding there. Also in flat spots Cauipe Lagoon (Cumbuco, Brasil) and Coche in Venezuela.The upwind hability is great. It performs really good in flat water. And open sea it's also a good option, it took me a while to find the balance to avoid spray in choppy open seas. Regarding stiffness, I got used to it. This year they are launching the Pro Limited with bi concave bottom. The crazy fly crew promises that this will reduce the spray in the face and will improve the turns. I fully recommend the board, it's a great option. Tio.

Return to “Reviews”