Forum for kitesurfers
Nowind
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Spleene X19

Postby Nowind » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:55 am

Are there any opinions out there on the Spleene X19 kite and bar system? Is this just a Flysurfer Speed under a different name? I am looking for a lightwind kite. I currently use a 17 M Waroo 2007 as my light wind kite and am thinking about maybe spending some $$ to get more days on the water. I got my eye on speed 19 or 21 or maybe this Spleene X19. Any opinions? Thanks

Ismo
Medium Poster

Re: Spleene X19

Postby Ismo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 pm

paulbilodeau
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fort Lauderdale
Style: freeride
Gear: Spleene x19, North rebel 12,9

Postby paulbilodeau » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Bought a X19 about a month ago. I am really impressed with the low end and also depower. 9 knots with surfboard, 12 knots with a 132 x 40 Jamie Pro is a blast. Great for someone with a job....The only bad thing is that you are the only one out on low wind days. Great tool for "steeping up" your learning curve.
Paul Bilodeau
Fort Lauderdale , Florida

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm assuming you already have a great light wind board otherwise that should be your first move. I would love to try one as well. IMO if you can get it at a very significant discount to a Flysurfer then I would consider it for sure. Otherwise you may look at a used or new Flysurfer. Support and resale value for this kite may be a consideration as it is even more rare than most foils so If you have an issue who do you turn to and if you don't like it might be harder to get rid of. Spleene is a great company and will undoubtedly stand behind it but this is a one off product for them so far so you will probably need to ship it to the factory. Flysurfer has refined foils for many years and there are a lot of innovations that aren't so obvious and a significant base of user experience and support available.

I have the SP3 21 and it's awesome and IMO it's the best light wind insurance policy and jumping/hang time machine that money can buy. Like Paul said great for people who want to ride no matter what.

Probably been posted before but check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsKAzyK ... re=related

wadoepotatoe
Rare Poster

Postby wadoepotatoe » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:55 pm

yeah stick with flysurfer for kites. kites are what they invest their time towards just as spleene invests their time towards boards. i wouldn't buy a flysurfer (flydoor) board, i'd buy a spleene board. i wouldn't buy a spleene kite, i'd buy a flysurfer kite. just my opinion of course,

-wade.

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 pm

wadoepotatoe
Sorry to say but you are very wrong on this matter!! Spleene gives their 110% to everything they produce! They are German and Rainer is a perfectionist! The did their R&D on every product that they release. Their Boards and kites are amazing and soon more people will know this! The Q kite was their 1st kite and one of the absolute best kites I have ever flown..The SPX absolutely rocks. The X19 is not just a copy of a flysurfer, Spleene has taken their time and spent over 2 years developing their X19 design tweaking it until they feel it is a true contender to the ULTIMATE lite wind title!!! And believe me it is!! Ted B

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Triple Depower is a huge step for Flysurfer and as well the ability to tweak with the
Mixer Test, Very important... Keep the kite tuned, so look for that option.
But it's great to see any new innovations like the Spleenes...
More toys for Kiters. a Race for the Best Gear! Just makes them all better... :thumb:

Good to hear guys are seeing the benefits of larger boards to like the Flydoors, Spleens and Aboards 164x50 as I'm on here... More than just back and forth for sure if you want... :P :P

www.PBKiteboarding.com

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Interesting vid of these lightwind toys side by side land.
Just floating at the edge in Super Light...
Great to See!

www.PBKiteboarding.com

Nowind
Rare Poster

Postby Nowind » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:17 am

PBKiteboarding wrote:Interesting vid of these lightwind toys side by side land.
Just floating at the edge in Super Light...
Great to See!

www.PBKiteboarding.com
Wow, That is an interesting comparison. I assume the black kite with the X on it is the Spleen? It just sits there while the others bounce around and fold. Is it blocking their wind? Thanks for the feedback

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs

Postby PBKiteboarding » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:17 am

Yup the X19... Spleene
But also holding kites higher and closest to the wind make a difference too...
So, overall itès cool to see... rare...together
Lightest wind most powerful Kites in the World!

Return to “Kitesurfing”