Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha vs. Slingshot?

Postby Nico » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:32 am

The print of your original question is huge.
this translates to shouting .
Nico

peligro18
Medium Poster
Local Beach: i just bought it!
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby peligro18 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 am

i have a friend here in mexico that bought 2 cabs a nomad 13 and a crosbow 10
from what i saw with my own eyes is that the cabrinha bar has to many thing that shouldnt have
the slignshot bar is perfect ( am talking 2009 ccs bar...i ride the rpm 10)
also the cabs have broken one the bar and the other the pulley on a kite...he has to mess up with the other kite to use the 13
y opnion is bad for cabrinha...because of what i have saw...
also... i never take care of my kites... but my friend is always cleaning them and packing them up in a way that the canopy is on top of the strut...you have to be an expert...and theyalso have some canopy tears...the plastic thing on them that takes care of them seems like...well something fragile...maybe is the gray/white color..
the rpm just wont do that perfect kiloop of the ANYCKITE
also the bag... wtf with the bag of the cabrinhas... its just too small
a perfect bag is a north
the slingshot is ok with the clip for packking and the sideway sipper

also the rpm unhook perfect you yust have to pull the spectra...just like any other bow (openc)

KiteRunner
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Crandon Park/Miami Beach

Postby KiteRunner » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 pm

So a quick update regarding the below…

After I posted my problem with the Cabrinha bar, I was bombarded by PMs and emails from Cabrinha people trying to find out what is wrong with it, and how they can help and make me happy again…talk about customer service…

My bar was fixed for free. (This is a three year bar kite that is way past its warranty)

I now remember why I bought a Cabrinha Kite to begin with when I started kiting three years ago…When I asked around back then, everyone told me that Cabrinha has the best customer service…I guess they were right… :D

Thumbs up to Cabrinha for really going out of their way to fix my problem…You won me again as a Cabrinha kiter for the next few years…I just bought a new Switchblade…

zerium
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island, GA
Style: newbie
Gear: 12m Cabrinha SB 3
Mako 134

Postby zerium » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:48 pm

peligro18 wrote:i have a friend here in mexico that bought 2 cabs a nomad 13 and a crosbow 10
from what i saw with my own eyes is that the cabrinha bar has to many thing that shouldnt have
the slignshot bar is perfect ( am talking 2009 ccs bar...i ride the rpm 10)
also the cabs have broken one the bar and the other the pulley on a kite...he has to mess up with the other kite to use the 13
y opnion is bad for cabrinha...because of what i have saw...
also... i never take care of my kites... but my friend is always cleaning them and packing them up in a way that the canopy is on top of the strut...you have to be an expert...and theyalso have some canopy tears...the plastic thing on them that takes care of them seems like...well something fragile...maybe is the gray/white color..
the rpm just wont do that perfect kiloop of the ANYCKITE
also the bag... wtf with the bag of the cabrinhas... its just too small
a perfect bag is a north
the slingshot is ok with the clip for packking and the sideway sipper

also the rpm unhook perfect you yust have to pull the spectra...just like any other bow (openc)
2010 SS bar is much nicer than the 09... which I end up hitting the safety release when I'm hooking back in about every 5th session. The 2010 bar is super nice better suicide connection, lock in QR when you unhook and the donkey dick isn't fixed and nicely swings out of the way when you unhook.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

I use Cabrinha SB's, 2010 models. I've recently tried the Slingshot Rally in a 12 & 10m. I really like the SS but.... First thing I found odd was there was no pump leash attachment on the kite, just the plastic clip to lock the valve. Now, I did use my Cab pump with the ball. Does the SS pump attach to the clip? Second, I always try to fix launch my SB's when alone( CL attached to a fixed anchor). The SS Rally always falls over when I set it to the edge of the window( it's windy). Am I missing something? I watched an online video and I'm sure the kite was started from an anchor point. The SB is very simple to start and land using a fixed point. My local spot has no beach to launch, so a drift launch or anchor launch is the choices.
The SS safety release did jam the first time I tried it but after that it was perfect. It was very easy to flag the kite or relaunch it, something my Cabrinha does not do easily ( the relaunch after the IDS is deployed)
Both kites are really good quality with an edge to SS for there bar and safety system.
:thumb:

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 pm

All Slingshot kites have had a pump leash attachment point. Just never really Highlighted in the quick start guide nor on kite. But Tabs are there and ready to help at anytime! :thumb:
I will note to highlight that tab in the future with SS RND.

Same with the Slingshot Sure_Fit Clip, good little piece of mind...:gulp:

WIth relaunch.. try not having the stopper out so far, that can aid in self launching by allowing the kite to be slightly more powered. *depending on conditions

Self-launch Rally's may times and have had very little issues other then my own bad input.. :duh:
Attachments
2.jpg
SURE FIT CLIP
2.jpg (76.92 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
1.jpg
PUMP LEASH ATTACHMENT TAB
1.jpg (94.21 KiB) Viewed 2346 times

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:04 am

I have flown the SB and Nomad. I like the Nomad flies a lot like my Wainmans well the way I have them set up. All so have been on Fuels which if I was to leave my Rabbits is what I would get. I will repeat what everyone else says about the bars. The SS 10 bar is amazing! The only thing I do not like is the below the bar trim. I do not like the Cab bars. They are over engineered and confusing with the trim system.

I think most kites are pretty much good. I would recommend not just looking at 2 brands though. Well unless that is all you can get locally. The more kites you look at the better chance of getting something that you will be really happy with.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:16 am

Thanks Shymac, I cant believe I did not see the pump attachment. I will try moving the stopper as you suggested. Very nice kite!
:thumb:

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core & Sabfoil Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:03 am

J_kiter16
Rare Poster
Gear: North Rebel 9 meter and 12 meter

Postby J_kiter16 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:47 pm

I've ridden both but personally, I like Switchblade better than the Rally. For me, the Switchblade does much better in low winds.
Last edited by J_kiter16 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”