Kiteboarding and the Olympic Games

Forum for kitesurfers
valsema
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteboarding and the Olympic Games

Postby valsema » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm

is it confirmed that kitesurfing will be hold at Olympic game in Brasil?

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kiteboarding and the Olympic Games

Postby ktflyer381 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Yes, the event will be course racing. Speedos, life vests (with whistles), fluorescent colored helmets (to aid rescues), board leashes, go-joes and hero cams will all be mandatory. It is going to be the most rad thing ever. Our transition back to wind surfing will finally be complete. Yeah!

Just kidding guys, peace and love.

Kevin

twah
Medium Poster

Postby twah » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:57 pm

ktflyer381 wrote:Yes, the event will be course racing. Speedos, life vests (with whistles), fluorescent colored helmets (to aid rescues), board leashes, go-joes and hero cams will all be mandatory. It is going to be the most rad thing ever. Our transition back to wind surfing will finally be complete. Yeah!

Kevin
yeah except that's going to be the actual situation.

exposure for kiteboarding is good. racing isn't even that bad if you're in to it (not my thing obviously)

IKA SUCKS BALLS THOUGH SO DO THERE SUPPORTERS

Clarencephil
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride

Postby Clarencephil » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:38 pm

twah wrote:
ktflyer381 wrote:Yes, the event will be course racing. Speedos, life vests (with whistles), fluorescent colored helmets (to aid rescues), board leashes, go-joes and hero cams will all be mandatory. It is going to be the most rad thing ever. Our transition back to wind surfing will finally be complete. Yeah!

Kevin
yeah except that's going to be the actual situation.

exposure for kiteboarding is good. racing isn't even that bad if you're in to it (not my thing obviously)

IKA SUCKS BALLS THOUGH SO DO THERE SUPPORTERS
Why do you say that exposure is good ?

Don't you think our spots are crowded enough as it is ?

twah
Medium Poster

Postby twah » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 pm

oh i'm sorry i meant good exposure, displaying the top athleticism and professional skill required to be an actual kiteboarder.

then maybe we would have less people trying to enter the sport decked out in kook gear, and more young guys wanting to push it to it's limits.

showing off clown tricks like toby is good for a laugh but fucking retarded and was done 10 years ago when kiteboarding started. not good exposure.

if all the kooks, and by that i mean a person who has no fucking clue, stopped kiteboarding, our spots wouldn't be so crowded anyways

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

"olympic kiteboard racing, affordable exciting fun for everyone in anything from 4 knots" ol

How about some respect for the pioneers, and for the history of kitesports by not refering to kiteboarding as sailing

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 am

@valsema: no, not confirmed.

sorry twah, but people love the "clown" tricks. Daily feedback you never will get, and never achieve such level of tricks. Listen to what people say about it! Sorry, but you are just average and following, without an own style. :allbegood:
And you will see more and more events with old school! Yeah, I mean handles, dangle, not cool, old, middle age stuff! But it will rock da beach! :remybussi:

Return to “Kitesurfing”