Forum for travel reports and travel questions
kite1498
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Caribbean Kitesurf Catamaran Trip Suggestions Please

Postby kite1498 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Hello All,
I am planning a trip for family and friends (we are 8 people, mostly kitesurfers) looking for a week long sailing / kitesurfing trip in the most pristine and isolated kitespots that the Caribbean has to offer. This trip will take place either in December or January.

I've asked around and so far i've had offers for the Grenadines, Antigua/Barbuda, and BVI. I'm having a hard time figuring out where to go, and I was wondering if anyone here on this forum could give me some recommendations on where and who to book this trip with.

Any suggestions are most welcome!
Thanks ahead of time,
Omer

Zenith Ocean Voyages
Rare Poster
Local Beach: anywhere on the oceans - offshore! see where we are on www.zenithoceanvoyages.com
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Caribbean Kitesurf Catamaran Trip Suggestions Please

Postby Zenith Ocean Voyages » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Omer

check this out!

www.zenithoceanvoyages.com

We can only accomodate 6 kiters though. If you're interested and you can get another 2 people we could probably hook up with another catamaran, but we'd need advance notice. There are boats that take 8 guests out there, but you'd be pretty crowded, especially for storage, launching off the boat, etc.

In terms of where to go, the wind's good at all of the destinations you mention. January is more reliable. There is a phenomenon known as the Christmas winds in the BVIs however.

We offer a Christmas/New Years trip from St Maarten to the BVIs via Anguilla from December 23 - January 2 and a St Maarten/Anguilla trip from January 8-15.

Cheers

The Zenith Ocean Voyages crew

kite1498
Rare Poster

Postby kite1498 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:07 am

Thanks for your reply,
We are looking to keep everyone on the same boat. I know it might be crowded with 8, but I think we can manage. Do you have any recommendations for charters that accomodate 8?
Thanks,
Omer

Zenith Ocean Voyages
Rare Poster
Local Beach: anywhere on the oceans - offshore! see where we are on www.zenithoceanvoyages.com

Postby Zenith Ocean Voyages » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Omer

check this out:
http://www.chartercaribbean.net/

Yann is a friend of ours, he's a kitesurfer and although he prefers 6 guests, he has done 8 guests before so he may be able to accomodate your group.

Cheers

Zenith Ocean Voyages Ltd.

kite1498
Rare Poster

Postby kite1498 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:01 am

Great Zenith, thank you for your recommendation. I appreciate your help. Coincidentally my sister has been in touch with him for the past few days. As of now we are trying to decide between a trip in the Grenadines in mid-December or Barbuda in early January, since this is what Yann has available for us. Having a bit of trouble deciding, especially trying to get 8 people from different countries to come together at a specific date.

Has anyone on the forum been to either Barbuda or Grenadines?
Thanks,
Omer

islandstylen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby islandstylen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:12 pm

i have been to both, many many times. what do you need to know?
barbuda is kinda limited as a boat trip. not a whole lot of places you can move around to (unless you hit antigua also). there are some amazing spots to kite waves there though.
Grenadines are great because there are so many different spots to hit each day and they are so close together you can choose whereto go based on wind/swell that day.
http://web.mac.com/caribbeankitesurfari ... lcome.html ... i have a bunch of pics of the grenadines on here.

sjs
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island, GA
Favorite Beaches: Waves, Hatteras NC
Tybee Island, GA
Tobago Cays, Grenadines
Islamorada, FL
Sebastian Inlet, FL

Postby sjs » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm

I would definitely recommend the Grenadines! Be sure to kite Union Island as well as the Tobago Cays! Jeromie Tronet has a travel video of the area - you should check it out!

Return to “Travel”