cuubaa
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Denmark - Ringkoebing Fjord & Esbjerg
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best location for new years?

Postby cuubaa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 pm

I'm looking for a good place to spend new years, with good wind and reasonably nice weather... Any recomendations? I live in Denmark and so far it seems that Egypt or Turkey will be optimal considering weather and costs.

I have started kiteboarding this year and so far have only experiance from west coast of Denmark, if thats relevant.

Thanks in advance!

TheKiteLife
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Playa Copal, Costa Rica. Mancora, Peru. Maui, Hawaii. The Gorge. Miami, Florida. Heineken Beach, St.Croix, Paros, Greece, Cape Town, South Africa
Brand Affiliation: Gabes Kite Life, Transcend Kiteboard Apparel, Blade Kites, Royal Kites, The Kite Life

Re: Best location for new years?

Postby TheKiteLife » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Have you considered Cape Town? This season we are organizing some kite safaris starting from Cape Town. They might be a good match for you because on each safari is a full time avanced IKO instructor to help you progress as a rider though out your holiday. You will also get to explore many different kiting spots, many with only flat water.

The safaris also include several other adventure sports including skydiving and abseling down Table Mountain.

On our November 28th departure we actually have another person from Denmark.

If you would like more info, you can email me at gabe@thekitelife.com or simply visit www.TheKiteLife.com/kitesurf-safari to receive the full brochure.

Happy kiting,
Gabe

paco chan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: kitebeach mikes bar , san martin beach. lagoon
Favorite Beaches: cozumel beaches
Style: free style ,wave riding
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: instructor

Postby paco chan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:26 pm

hey if you want have great new years and a nice warm weather but with alot wind cozuel mexico is the best choise great kiting spot cozumel is island in the caribean winter time we have the best wind from 25 noths to 45 nots from nort ,nort east, side on and we have a nice flat lagoon if you want more info you can contac me at www.pacoskiteboarding.com or you can email me at surfpacos@hotmail.com
paco chan

justkid
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ukraine: Popovka, Koblevo
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius: Blue Bay, Le Morne
Style: freestyle
Gear: Aboards X series 131
Airush Vapor 3 7m
Airush Vapor X 10m
Airush Vapor X 12m

Postby justkid » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm

cuubaa wrote: I live in Denmark and so far it seems that Egypt or Turkey will be optimal considering weather and costs.
I think it'll be too cold in Turkey. And wind in Egypt is not reliable in the winter, it can blow, but your never know, it's not a windy season.

kite_crazy66
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Since I started kiting I have been travelling... so you could say my local beaches are: Big Bay (Cape Town), Woody's (Perth), Lancelin, Geraldton (WA), Crissy, 3rd Ave, Sherman Island, Da'hab (Egypt)
Style: freestyle and old school

Postby kite_crazy66 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 am

I was in Cape Town last year during new years and that was a blast. Other than kiting 5 days a week, we had plenty to do before the wind picked up or if we felt like taking a day off. if you go, definitely check out Cubana bar in Table View. They had a beach party with 5 cm of real sand in their 2nd story club!

I heard some good things about Kite Life. So if you have the extra cash and want to improve, I would go with them. It beats having to deal with renting a car and finding fun kitesurfing buddies.
But if you want to do things on your own, stay at Saltycrax (dont mind the name). you'll meet other like minded kiters there

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 am

SA or WA....

Return to “Travel”