Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

what bothers you?
anything to say without your name?

keep flaming - here's your chance !


ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:45 am
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Sandbanks, North Beach, Presqu'ile
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Gear: Shinn, Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Canada

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby ktflyer381 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Twah, I enjoy your posts, they are always good for a laugh. The honest truth is that most people who think and talk like you are still living in their mom's basement and can't afford kiting gear so I think we are safe for now. The interesting thing is that occasionally you have a good point but you lose people in the delivery.

Kevin

twah
Medium Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:34 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby twah » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:59 pm

ktflyer381 wrote:Twah, I enjoy your posts, they are always good for a laugh. The honest truth is that most people who think and talk like you are still living in their mom's basement and can't afford kiting gear so I think we are safe for now. The interesting thing is that occasionally you have a good point but you lose people in the delivery.

Kevin


people don't like to hear that they are actually kooks though, so they shut me out. and admittedly i add some extra hate in there because it's hard not too when people are so fucked up.

but if you can sort through the hate my points are valid - unfortunately the truth hurts for most here and the fact that i point it out cuts them deep.

now selling t-shirts for my favorite followers:
front.jpg
front.jpg (87.39 KiB) Viewed 3349 times

back.jpg
back.jpg (84.72 KiB) Viewed 3349 times

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4588
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:14 am

Is that "I love you, twah" or "I love you" - twah ...? I'll buy one :thumb: but it can't be green and instead of "Number One Fan" I'd like "#1 Kook" on mine ...

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4588
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:15 am

:lol: WTH hax0r lolz!!11!!1!!

User avatar
BrisKites
Medium Poster
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:29 pm
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Brighton, Suttons, Queens
Favorite Beaches: Elliot Heads
Style: Depends where I am
Gear: Torch, Mayhen-X, Helix, Nobile 666, Naish Momentum + more
Brand Affiliation: BrisKites www.briskites.com.au
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby BrisKites » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Philis wrote:
2 years ago I have been to Brisbane and started to learn Kitesurfing there.
The only shop in Brisbane which did not try to sell me some overpriced old stuff, just because I had no idea about Kitesurfing

salute from Austria,
phil


Now that truly is bullshit, I'd like to see a photo of that.....
I'm sure your happy with whatever gear you chose but saying other stores tried to rip you off just show a bit of ignorance.
Most prices for major brands are set by the distributors, not the shops.
Hope you enjoyed your trip to Aus, how much is a flight from Austria??

AaronBay
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Brisbane
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby AaronBay » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:17 am

Maybe he is KP hiding behind an anonymous name and login, and his agenda is to smear and damage other legitimate, respectable businesses :lol:


BrisKites wrote:
Philis wrote:
2 years ago I have been to Brisbane and started to learn Kitesurfing there.
The only shop in Brisbane which did not try to sell me some overpriced old stuff, just because I had no idea about Kitesurfing

salute from Austria,
phil


Now that truly is bullshit, I'd like to see a photo of that.....
I'm sure your happy with whatever gear you chose but saying other stores tried to rip you off just show a bit of ignorance.
Most prices for major brands are set by the distributors, not the shops.
Hope you enjoyed your trip to Aus, how much is a flight from Austria??

jas73
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Kite at Sandgate, Brighton and Queens beaches
Favorite Beaches: Town Beach in Maky
Queens Beach. Redcliffe
Gear: Slingshot Rally and Balance 135 TT
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Kitepower Qld

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby jas73 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 am

Ok i ride for the shop in question and my brother in law supports the shop who held the event. He was the official on the start/finish line and he has commented that the whole thing is a blow up. I was not there but he said there was no problems with people riding through the course disrupting the races. There was no problem with lessons as they where well out of the way and apart from it being a busy day on the water everything went smoothly. This is his words also posted on Seabreeze where this aronb tried to start the same dribble but was shut down. Im afraid the shop who organised the event (which our riders competed in the first round and future ones to come) has alot of young and immature kids who ride for them and like to start trouble on forums. Kitepower has publicly apolagised for the comment as it was taken the wrong way. Who would be stupid enough as a kiter to take it serious and do it. We practice safe and responsible kiting at any beach we ride and only last week helped two kiters from the opposite shop get there boards because they couldnt body drag back to them. Thats what kiters do, help each other. So i would say to aronb i have personally invited you to discuss the issues you have with us with your reply being no thanks and that we are wankers. That just tells me your just a stirrer and not worth the time.

jas73
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Kite at Sandgate, Brighton and Queens beaches
Favorite Beaches: Town Beach in Maky
Queens Beach. Redcliffe
Gear: Slingshot Rally and Balance 135 TT
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Kitepower Qld

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby jas73 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am

AaronBay wrote:Maybe he is KP hiding behind an anonymous name and login, and his agenda is to smear and damage other legitimate, respectable businesses :lol:


BrisKites wrote:
Philis wrote:
2 years ago I have been to Brisbane and started to learn Kitesurfing there.
The only shop in Brisbane which did not try to sell me some overpriced old stuff, just because I had no idea about Kitesurfing

salute from Austria,
phil


Now that truly is bullshit, I'd like to see a photo of that.....
I'm sure your happy with whatever gear you chose but saying other stores tried to rip you off just show a bit of ignorance.
Most prices for major brands are set by the distributors, not the shops.
Hope you enjoyed your trip to Aus, how much is a flight from Austria??


Once again AronB you are starting shit. I think if this guy had of gone into Briskites he would have got the same service as at Kitepower so i dont know where hes coming from. After all Kitepower and Briskites just had an awesome race day TOGETHER yesterday. Funny how people can get along isnt it.

jas73
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Kite at Sandgate, Brighton and Queens beaches
Favorite Beaches: Town Beach in Maky
Queens Beach. Redcliffe
Gear: Slingshot Rally and Balance 135 TT
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Kitepower Qld

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby jas73 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 am

AaronB i noticed also you have only ever posted negative shit about KP on here and on Seabreeze. You havent posted anything positive ever. What do you think that tells people. :nono:

Philis
Rare Poster
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:47 am
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Core Riot, underground flx 135
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby Philis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:39 pm

I have been die brisbane about two years ago and have bought my gear there before I was traveling to Perth.
My Flight from Austria to Australia did cost 1600€ including three national flights in Australia.
I did inform myself in both Kiteshops and 3 further fellers, which I have not had a store but gave Kite lessons and were selling Kite-gear. (By the way I did not buy my Kite there, but all the rest of my Kite-gear)

What I have mentioned above, was just my impression as I have been there. I would not like to say that it would be always like that, may be they have had a bad day and have not been interested in giving explanations to a beginner.
But what shalls it is the same in Europe..... some shops give good explanations and acceptable prices straight away and some others after a long negotiation. And it is always difficult I guess for a beginner to understand that the list prices are not the real realistic one.

I think Kitepower have had a difficult start in Brisbane (as I said two years ago) and it is always difficult to accept a competitive shop in the own City especially at the same beach. But I hope for both parties that things are going better now. And as i could read now from some other people which have been to that race, that it is a kind of a cooperation which sounds really good to me.
:jump: :jump: :jump:


Return to “Flamer's Paradise”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest