jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Frenzy 2011 vs Outlaw 2011

Postby jumarcil » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 pm

I heard that the new Frenzy 2011 is way faster than the earlier versions. Has anyone that tried the new frenzy ever tried FS Outlaws ?

How do they compare to the Outlaw ?

thanks

JUles

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Re: Frenzy 2011 vs Outlaw 2011

Postby windrupted » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 am

Yeah! Hell Yeah! The new Frenzy is faster than any dang Outlaw. Remember that Ozone has many years of research involving the world's best snowkiter, Chasta. He is the best foilkite/glider there is. Thats why I started kiting. The best kiters where I kite are all on Ozone Frenzys. The one poor guy Kenny who dared to fly a "Flysurfer" (lost in translation eh?) got dropped like a rock from 40 feet and is lucky to be alive. Dont be stupid. Ozone is at the top of the foilkite game. We got poor Fred BGG off the damned wads of pillowkite shite. He's shaken, but recovering.

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 am

jumarcil wrote:I heard that the new Frenzy 2011 is way faster than the earlier versions. Has anyone that tried the new frenzy ever tried FS Outlaws ?

How do they compare to the Outlaw ?

thanks

JUles
There is no comparism, any and all good snowkiters here are on Ozones.... A Frenzy rider, unknown kiting legend here in the States named Kris Emory. I had a Manta, barely knew how to ride it, he takes it for a spin. (Now I'm on his Frenzy)....the Frenzy turns so fast, it's a joy to ride. I don't wanna give it back. But whats happening with my kite? He gets up some speed, and hucks a giant 20 second glide and starts doing these back rolls, I'm pretty sure he did 5 rotations. Gets to the bottom and yanks a kiteloop, softly landing just before the trees. Legend. There are no such masters on "Outlaws", at least not where I kite in the Utah-Idaho-Montucky-Wyoming Colorado Rockies belt.

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 am

The ozone trolling motor is on overload.

There's no such thing as a snowkite

Noahpz
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Big mtn snowkiting w/ lots of freestyle
Gear: Ozone Hyperlink V3 - 7,9,11,13. Ozone Chrono EXP 15m.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Noahpz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 am

While I can’t comment on the performance of the Outlaw, this year’s Frenzy is in a league of its own. The stability that the kite exhibits in gusty wind is extraordinary. While power, speed and precision were the three most important criteria for me in a kite, I have added stability as a fourth requirement.

With the 2011 Frenzy I can tell you about the speed (it’s there), precision (as good as the Manta3), on demand power, low end grunt, bar & safety system refinements. All these are dramatically improved over any prior Ozone foil.

The most revolutionary aspect of this kite is the stability of the wing. Because this wing’s design is so stable I can throw the most outrageously whippy boosts and wait until the very last moment to redirect. It really performs! The height I get is like a sky crane lifted me off the snow, it's sick.

I’m a technical rider and I will tell you that I have no criticisms in this kite. After doubting that any kite would replace my M3, the 2011 Frenzy has left that quiver behind, a victim of Ozone’s continuing technological improvements. If you have any chance to buy a new Frenzy, do not hesitate. If you have any chance to fly a new Frenzy, do not hesitate. You will be amazed.

After five weeks of winter here in Montana, with deep snow, generous wind and lots of excellent kiting, the most fantastic aspect of this winter is the new Frenzy. I can push my limits further (and more safely) because the design is so stable. The meaty boosts and phenomenal control are magical. I hope you have a chance to find out for yourself.

And while the Craz Z Rhettoric may say that “There's no such thing as a snowkite”, I snowkite 100+ days a year on my Ozone foils. For me, the 2011 Frenzy is my snowkite. It’s a pleasure to fly and I’m sticking to it!

Back to the Outlaw: I did kite with a couple of Germans flying 'em while I was in France at the SKM. They seemed to be having fun!

See ya out there,

Noah

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 am

another ozone soap box thread

zob
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
MBS Pro90

Postby zob » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Craz Z wrote:The ozone trolling motor is on overload.

There's no such thing as a snowkite
Craz Z is a bot :lol:
He is repeating this over and over again.

Sorry Craz Z, but looks like there are no Outlaw riders, or no one has any good feadback, so the conversation is again about Ozone. Well, what else to expect, when you open a tread with similar title. :D

ragden
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Wildwood, NJ
Style: Snowkiting/Kitebuggy
Gear: Flysurfer Outlaw 8 & 12 meter
HQ Beamer III 5 meter
JoJo RS 3.5meter
Been thanked: 0

Postby ragden » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:46 pm

I dont fly Frenzy's but I love my Outlaws. As far as I know, The Outlaw was released a couple years back, and a new model has not been released since the original first release. Not that much needs to be done with the kite, imo. You are definitely going to find more Ozone riders with their sponsorship and general pimping. For the best comparison, I would try to find someone to let you demo the Outlaw, and then compare it against a recent Frenzy. Best of luck. :)

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 pm

ragden wrote:You are definitely going to find more Ozone riders with their sponsorship and general pimping. For the best comparison, I would try to find someone to let you demo the Outlaw, and then compare it against a recent Frenzy.
YUP exactly try before you buy

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:21 pm

ragden wrote:I dont fly Frenzy's but I love my Outlaws. As far as I know, The Outlaw was released a couple years back, and a new model has not been released since the original first release. Not that much needs to be done with the kite, imo. You are definitely going to find more Ozone riders with their sponsorship and general pimping. For the best comparison, I would try to find someone to let you demo the Outlaw, and then compare it against a recent Frenzy. Best of luck. :)
Actually last year I was riding both the Ozone and the Outlaw; I had a Frenzy 11m and also an 8m Outlaw. I sold them both this summer to buy a Speed 3 15m (which i really love). Anyway I really liked the Ozone 2010 but I found it a bit slow. It had tons of grunt, great lift and a great hangtime but lacked a bit in speed and also in very gusty wind It could have been a bit more stable. But yes Ozone kites are top quality.

On the other hand the Outlaw was very fast; very similar to a LEI in my opinion. For sure one was 8m and the other one 11 m but still you could see that the kite was fast. It had really good boost; good hangtime and a really great range; depower was really amazing.

Anyway they were both great kites but I liked a bit more the Outlaw feeling. This year I was a bit puzzled since they really did a massive upgrade on the Frenzy so I was not sure if I was to go with the Outlaw or Frenzy.

Thanks Noahpz for the great input on the Frenzy. I will demo it for sure :-)

PS : Here we are still waiting for snow :-( We were on water last weekend but the water is at 44 degrees so It was pretty much our last rides.

Next week in Cuba than winter fun will be starting :-)

Jules

Return to “Snow / Land”