Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Review fuel 2011

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Review fuel 2011

Postby shymac » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Can DO! I didn't really think the Rally video would be the only one... Made that in about a couple hours to help showcase some of the kite to my dealers... Turned out to be the only product video out there... HA!... I know more riding for sure next time... stoked to get more and more creative with these videos... Now I just need a legit editing program then freeware one I got for newbs... HA!...

Chillbay
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Camber
Greatstone
St Mary's Bay
Style: Freeride/Freestyle ish!
Gear: 8 & 12 mtr RPM's

132 Xenon Laluz, cant afford anything else!
Brand Affiliation: I own a PC so I must be affiliated to Microsoft, I wish :-)

Postby Chillbay » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm

davedej wrote:
Tio wrote:Hi Dave! I used to have a 9 mt and one 11 mt fuel 2009. The 9 mt for me was great. But the 11 mt had a very hard bar pressure. It was very slow, on the other hand the 9 mt was super stable and the bar pressure was perfect. On the 2011 what can you share with us regarding turning speed and bar pressure? And also do you like the new bar, it looks very nice.
Cheers Tio
HI Tio,
turning speed is really better then before. Its nice and smooth, even the 13m has that. The new bar is so so, when depowering from a fully powered depower cord, it is also impossible to get it down. The bar pressure is a lot more than on a RPM, but I find the RPM incredible light and impossible to tell where it stands
Hi, a bit late but i have RPM's and know where it is all the time, found it very responsive, perhaps you had it on the wrong settings, I have mine on the medium setting and on freestyle, perfect amount of bar pressure, don’t like it too light, like you say no feeling but on the right setting it is perfect.

Spectrum
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Spectrum » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi

I have a question... does the 2011 Fuel have more depower / handle more wind in upper range than 2009 2010 Fuels ???

I like everything on 2010.. well it acutally rocks.. but a little more depower would be nice

The 2011 hasnt come to my country yet and i just tried the new vegas and it has huge depower and that made some doubt in my next kite choice

I know i have to wait for a demo, but it would be nice to hear some experience :wink:

Mike 8)

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 am

For me the kites felt more refined at the high end for the small kites [6-7-9]. For the 11 and 13 the low end was back with even more usable loading power . Lose leach tension, more pannels, inhanced stabilty and low movement in the canpoy allow a crisper smoother feeling Fuel for 2011. With the addition of the 6m there is room to work without having to bust out the 5m... :naughty:
Attachments
20.jpg
20.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
22.jpg
22.jpg (67.61 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (85.79 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Fuel.jpg

Return to “Reviews”