All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: SU-2 Prorider Bamboo 2010
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Rider Background:
Well this is my first board review. I haven't ridden nearly as many boards as I have kites. But I have looked at many boards in person at the expos. I have ridden mostly LF boards and currently ride a Recoil.

Conditions:
I rode the Prorider at Sherman Island so mostly chop with some flatwater butter. When I road the board the wind was dropping a bit over the time of riding. I rode it for only a half hour but got a decent feel for the things that stood out to me.

Construction Review:
The Bamboo series stands out when piled amongst all the other boards out there. Its a cool look if you want something different, not too flashy, and luxury looking. The construction of the board is probably some of the best on the market. Obviously, I couldn't test durability but the board looked brand new when I used it (friend's personal board) and all the finishing on it is immaculate.

Pad Review:
The pads are pretty thick and have a nice arch in the foot. The strap locks onto your foot well and can be adjusted extremely easily. I adjusted in the water in a matter of seconds. I found that riding with my toes closest to the edge of the pad was most comfortable for me. They are definitely softer in the landings but still don't create a pillow between you and the water when you are loading. Which is good because I find that too soft of pads remove some pop for me.

On the Water:
This is a huge upgrade from my standard board. It is extremely light and seems really fast on the water. It is a bit more skatey than my board which might be my only complaint because on the landings it is a bit looser than I am used to. It cuts through the chop really good without spraying me in the face. It trucks upwind. I wouldn't say it got me more upwind but it was way more comfortable and felt easier. Kinda weird but just a sensation I had. The pop was there and felt too easy. Overall, this board is obviously the nicest board I have ridden and felt like I was riding in a Bentley. This board is for anyone wanting a great all around board that is comfy to ride but doesn't sacrifice the performance.

So there you have it. My first board review. Feel free to post questions/comments.

Attachments:
IMG_5232.JPG
IMG_5232.JPG [ 2.93 MIB | Viewed 2345 times ]
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: SU-2 Prorider Bamboo 2010
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Has anyone ridden both this board and the Proseries board? Although this board is a solid board I'm curious if the proseries is more of what I'm looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm riding the Prorider III like in the pic, it's a great board.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:29 am 
Rare Poster

I got one for sale, and currently riding another one:) super smooth boards!
:thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:35 am 
Rare Poster

I bought this board, it was the 135cm, Great board while it lasted. Its delamainated in leass then a year :angryfire: .

[ 5 posts ]