jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: The ONE

Postby jumarcil » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 pm

RayU wrote:Any feedback on the ONE kite?
I had the chance to try the One 12m a month ago; the wind was really light and I used it with a sector 60 directionnal board. I was the only one on the beach who could keep my kite in the air :-)

I couldn't believe that the kite would stay in the air in such Light Wind. It was under 10 knots and the wind was really uneven. The One moves really fast. It was a 12m but seemed more like a 9m. It is not the most powerful kite that I had the chance to try but it did generate some good pull.

It realaunches very easily. The bar has a nice light feeling but still you know where the kite is. I didn't have the chance to pull some good jumps with it since I was using a huge board but with the speed of that kite you must be able to boost pretty good.

I think the One will be a killer kite for lightwind session and It would also be a perfect kite for someone learning since it is so easy to use. The kite doesn't have any tendency to backstall and it gives a nice safe feeling.

I would really like to try the One 15 meter. I am sure it will be one of the best kite for lightwind next summer. Another advantage is the size of the kite. It is so small once packed and it wighs nothing.

Airush is coming up with some great new stuff. It really is worth trying.

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Re: The One

Postby droffats » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 pm

I too have flown only the 12m and it sold right away so i only got two sessions of 30 minutes or so on it.

Anyway, here is the skinny according to me; it really is as fast as most 9m kites. There are a few faster kites at 12m, but this one turns almost as quick as anything I've used. Low end pull was very good, I didn't get a try at relaunch, jumps were high but not floaty. I got pulled up hard but didn't just float, float, float Didn't really matter though as I could redirect it fast enough for soft landings.

It doesn't generate monster pull for kite loops. Much more helicopter style gentle kite loops. The water was flat both days, so I can't say for sure, but my guess is this thing would be excellent in waves. I too though it would be a great newbie kite. Although it is fast, it has total depower at arms length.

It is also easy, light, and small to pack on the plane. Plus, it's simple. Only two bladders total. Not hard to problem solve. There are a total of six connection points on the LE. Rear lines are direct and two each in front

I found the canopy nearly rock solid. Something I didn't expect from one strut.

I'm thinking about a 6m for nukin' wave days and a 15m for light wind.

- Droffats

RayU
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby RayU » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for the feed back!
I am looking for a kite in the 12 to 15 m range for winds 12 to 15 mph. I recently tried the kahoona `13.5 and it worked very well with my large twin tip, pulled well, good to windward, although it was slow to turn. I believe they are both Delta concepts. I like the fact that the one is a light wieght kite. This should allow it to fly well in light winds. If it turns much faster than similar size kites the 15 may be the ticket for me, 195 lbs.
Any feedback on the 13.5 Kahoona vs the 15 One would be apprieciated.
I would like to demo the One. Any suggestions to help to find one to try in the Ft. Lauderdale area?

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 am

RayU wrote:Thanks for the feed back!
I am looking for a kite in the 12 to 15 m range for winds 12 to 15 mph. I recently tried the kahoona `13.5 and it worked very well with my large twin tip, pulled well, good to windward, although it was slow to turn. I believe they are both Delta concepts. I like the fact that the one is a light wieght kite. This should allow it to fly well in light winds. If it turns much faster than similar size kites the 15 may be the ticket for me, 195 lbs.
Any feedback on the 13.5 Kahoona vs the 15 One would be apprieciated.
I would like to demo the One. Any suggestions to help to find one to try in the Ft. Lauderdale area?
I had a Kahoona 13.5 last summer and it is very powerful, best relaunch of all the kites I have tried. Very easy kite to fly. It did jump pretty good with good hangtime. Not the best to go upwind because of the big leading edge but not bad either. The thing I like about that kite was that whenever you crash or look for the kite it is always back in the air.

The low end is better than the upper wind. When you reach the topend it becomes very hard on the arm; It has good bar pressure but overpowered it becomes a handfull.

If they could lower the bar pressure I would probably have one as my lightwind kite. I now use a xBow 13m and a Speed 3 15m.

The one 15m should be a really nice lightwind kite, I cant wait to try it. Have you tried the lithium 13m or 15m LW they are also excellent LW kite with light bar pressure. I tried the 15m and I was really surprised how well it flew in LW. It had me going in 7 knots with a big TT. And these kites jumps and keep you up there.

They are so many nice kites to fly nowadays it is hard to make a choice :-)

nekitesurf
Rare Poster

Postby nekitesurf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I am also interested in this kite. In particular the 12m. I've not had much fun riding waves strapless and flying 12m kites in light-ish winds and cross on conditions. If the 12m really does turn like most 9m's then this could change things. Has anyone tried the 12m in waves?

kite252
Medium Poster

Postby kite252 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:33 am

have ridden the 9m, but not the 12m. Super fast and stable kite, and has really good low end. not the biggest jumping kite, but was fun in the waves. and yes, i was surprised to see how solid the shape was, i figured with one strut it would not hold its shape well, but it is solid, and relaunches practically naturally, even better than most delta kites. it seems to pretty much be a good simple solid designed kite :thumb: :thumb:

nekitesurf
Rare Poster

Postby nekitesurf » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks. That sounds great. I'm not too fussed about the jumping side of things. It would be nice but the wave riding and turning speed are my priority.

Return to “Kitesurfing”