Forum for snow- and landkiters
Fatolebastard
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Totally excellent kiteboard

Postby Fatolebastard » Mon May 19, 2003 12:25 pm

Just recieved my WINDSCOOTER a couple of days ago at the "ride the hill" sesh in the Quantocks.

I have never done any mountain boarding ecxept for maybe 5 minutes and was useless. Within 5 minutes of being on this board I was carving and grooving. The wind has been shitty so I haven't had a go behind a kite yet and won't get another chance for a month or so.

This board has two wheels and is so PISS easy to ride I couldn't believe it, rides like a snowboard but it isn't bi directional, who gives, that's what toeside is for isn't it?

With 12 inch fat rubber on the wheels it's just got to be good on the beach. Enough of this, Iv'e gotta go but check out the website, this tool is WAY better than the site makes out, you might have a long wait as the dude who makes them is on his own and has a full time job. He is one serious dude and enthusiast and that really comes out in the simplicity, useability and quality of his product.

A very satisfied custmer, here is the link I think!

http://www.windscooting.com/xscooting.html

The fateone :D

cuica
Medium Poster

Postby cuica » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:39 pm

How does the steering work on those? is there a universal joint either side of the front axle?

Looks great!

Fatolebastard
Rare Poster

Postby Fatolebastard » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:36 am

Hello Cuica,

you are thinking along the right lines but it is much simpler than that but unfortunately much more difficult to describe. In effect the axle is bent backwards and the wheel moves along the axle from one side to the other by leaning the board and the bend causes the wheel to turn. It is incredibly accurate with no free play and incredibly strong.

My original board has been hammered to near death for over a year now and still going strong. I am still a complete convert and haven't ridden anything else since as it is perfect for me.

I am now a partner with Marc so obviously I have put my money where my mouth is, we won't ever make a fortune as it is a bit too minimalist/ radical looking for most people but it is small, very light and very functional so we are having the time of our lives, hopefully biz will build slowly as more people get to ride and get converted.

Inline with a kite or downhill is the ultimate high speed buzz just try any of the other easily commercially available boards and you will know what I mean. Our board is handmade more compact, lighter and easier to ride.

nuff said.

:D

Return to “Snow / Land”