Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gallup poll: guarantee of Flysurfer kites?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gallup poll: guarantee of Flysurfer kites?

Postby Guest » Mon May 19, 2003 9:05 am

Have you met any negative problems with Flysurfer kites and specially with guarantee of those kites ? There has been reported several breakups of flysurfer kites and factory doesn't give any help with that.

Jurjen
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jurjen » Mon May 19, 2003 9:10 am

A buddy broke his depower line yesterday so let's see if he gots a new one within a week ;)

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon May 19, 2003 9:41 am

There have been a number of reports of Flysurfer warriors exploding, with no backup from the manufacturer. For details, see the thread: "Flysurfer Warrior Exploding"

kpipis
Medium Poster

Postby kpipis » Mon May 19, 2003 10:40 am

dont think would find better service anywhere.replaced my kite once on no cost.upgrade parts etc.you just have to ask and everything is possible...

Lenze
Medium Poster

Postby Lenze » Mon May 19, 2003 10:43 am

Pump me up wrote:
There have been a number of reports of Flysurfer warriors exploding, with no backup from the manufacturer. For details, see the thread: "Flysurfer Warrior Exploding"
Couldn't find the mentioned thread about exploding warriors.. Could you post a link to it?

_____
Lenze

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon May 19, 2003 12:43 pm

your assumptions are wrong boys.

just because someone didn't say flysurfer replaced my kite free of charge because i am a twat, doesn't mean it didn't happen... get my drift.

warranty issues from heavy impact like that always require the kite to be assesed by the importer, and in the uk that always meant analysing the string of failures through the damaged kite.

if the failure is in anyway deamed to be material or construction then a new kite is yours.

flysurfer have an exceptional record of dealing with the very limited number of warranty claims they receive and in my experience of working with the brand for two years always give people the benefit of any doubt.

if your kite falls apart they will repair or replace it, it you tore it to bits however................

Slider
Medium Poster

Postby Slider » Mon May 19, 2003 1:47 pm

I think the original thread was about Norths exploding. PMU is just up to his old tricks again. :naughty:

These are all advanced toys, and apart from a few exceptions major damage will only result from some form of misuse. Don't go crying to daddy when you break it. :cry:

BTW That other well known foil manufacture (flexi) used to have a one month no quibble repair policy. :thumb:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon May 19, 2003 8:31 pm

There have been significant problems with Flysurfer Warriors exploding after bridle failure.

Here's the link
phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4612

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon May 19, 2003 8:52 pm

3 out of 3000+ doesn't exactly count as significant.
don't know what you rate as significant, maybe inflatos delaminating, bladders from cabrinha popping, norths snapping in two, x2's wearing out on the leading egde seam....

what exactly is it you have against flysurfer that makes you feel the need to ram it down peoples throats all the time, i don't even ride the things anymore but its obvious you've got a bug up your ass about them because of some business dealing.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Mon May 19, 2003 11:43 pm

I just recently experienced this problem with my warrior 9.3. I think one or two of the main bridle lines broke and the remaining ones tore the kite at both wingtips and aother parts of the canopy. The kite was a 2001 model.

Wind was 16-22 knots (mostly underpowered), A lull came as I was jibing so I dove the kite through the power zone and pivoted my board around on it's tail to maintain power. The wind came back when the kite was about at the center of the window. I get ready for the big pull but all of a sudden no power, I look up and there are little black flecks all around my kite. I pulled the safety as soon as I realized the black flecks were parts of the canopy.

I e-mailed flysurfer about it through their website a few weeks ago and did not recieve any reply. I heard they are having problems with their mail server so this morning i sent a message to Armin Harich asking him for help. Hopefully they will do something about it; the kite was in very good condition prior to the failure.

Trent

Return to “Kitesurfing”