Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

OR diablo or razor?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
alexprehn123
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Point Clark, Ontario.
Favorite Beaches: Oasis Playo Coco resort beach (Cuba)
Style: wakestyle
Gear: 2009 North Vegas 9m,12m, and cabrinha custom 138 with ronix black franks and a mystic warrior 2 len10 edition.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OR diablo or razor?

Postby alexprehn123 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:27 pm

does the diablo have a lot more slack than the razor and how is the low end on the diablo compared to the razor and is the 4 line set up on the diablo suck because i hate 5 line kites
thanks alex

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Re: OR diablo or razor?

Postby Starsky » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Razors are just getting to the riders so it may be a bit before more user reviews show up.

Diablo is a true 5 line kite but some people ride it braced like the Hadlow pro from the front lines instead of a 5th. Probably a little more skill to the relaunch that way. Would not say they are renowned for their low end, but they are a really nice modern C kite with well balanced characteristics. Decent power, very good depower, turn quick, great top end, can handle a lot of oversheeting, drift and unhook as well as any kite out there. I'm gonna try the razor in hopes it has a lot of the same qualities but gets me on a smaller kite. Most reports so far are of pretty mad low end grunt. Ross had the Diablo pretty dialed in, so to outright replace it with an SLE it must be something special. Will let you know.

alexprehn123
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Point Clark, Ontario.
Favorite Beaches: Oasis Playo Coco resort beach (Cuba)
Style: wakestyle
Gear: 2009 North Vegas 9m,12m, and cabrinha custom 138 with ronix black franks and a mystic warrior 2 len10 edition.

Postby alexprehn123 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:53 pm

nvm tried it amazing cant get better selling sbs buying razors

kite252
Medium Poster

Postby kite252 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 am

i just got razors and they are sickkkk!!!! super solid kite and slacks real nice when you pop. apparently they can be rigged 6 line too, if they makes any difference b/c u don't like 5 line kites. haven't tried it tho, i just ride it standard 5 line.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Razor is a 4 liner. You must be talking bout Diablos. Both are great. Having gone from Diablos to Razors I'd never go back. You put up with stuff like 5 lines and less grunt per meter to get the great flying characteristics of C kites. The Razor is a replacement for the Diablo and for good reason. Flight, drift, turning and unhooked are all there in spades with all the pluses of a simple small and powerfull bridled kite.

Total winner.

Schmidy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby Schmidy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 pm

kite252 wrote:i just got razors and they are sickkkk!!!! super solid kite and slacks real nice when you pop. apparently they can be rigged 6 line too, if they makes any difference b/c u don't like 5 line kites. haven't tried it tho, i just ride it standard 5 line.
Hey Starsky,

I think he was referring to the Airush Razor: http://airush.com/2011/products/razor/ which is a 5 line kite but they released option to use 6 line for those who choose to do so.

All the best,
Schmidy

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Bet your right. Easy mistake. Pretty sure Alex the OP is talking about OR's Razor not the Airush. I bet the Airush C is pretty sweet too. They have been at it a long time and you just cant go that far wrong with a modern C. It has taken a while to get bridled kites that can really do what C's have done for years. Not a lot of hype on OR's new kite but it will sell itself soon enough. Major step forward. Sounds crazy but the 10m razor (OR) has damn near the grunt my 14m diablo had with lightyears more speed and workability. Took all of one underpowered flick of the kite to feel there was no going back. The future is not only friendlier, its smaller, faster and way more powerful.

Return to “Reviews”