New Video

Forum for kitesurfers
Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:57 pm

Another video has been added to our gallery.
Check it out at
http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com/videogallery.html

The latest additition is titled VaporTrail. Enjoy.

Johnny

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:04 pm

Yeah, very nice tricks.

However, IMHO, it is really a shame the way you use all those nasty video effects.

Please don't loose your time changing the colors of the water or the boards, this really sucks and gives a new picture of the well-known american bad taste...

Sorry if I did offend you...

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:36 am

personaly i like the effects. They help aid to the visual effect of choreography.

your statement sounds like you maybe just dislike americans in generel. you pretty much made yourself seem pretty shallow.

keep up the good work on the videos, some of us do enjoy them.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:20 am

Hey Bragnouff,

please don't attack others with those comments. Any taste is personal. See it with the discussions of kites, some say it flies like s*** and others love it.
If someone makes the effort to put visual effects in it he likes it and I guess others as well. It is considered art. There are so many vidoes out without effects, so why not having someone putting his time and effort in it to make it different than others? If you don't like it, fine, you can say it without a problem, but don't generalize a whole country.

Thx for your understanding.

Greetings
Toby

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:33 am

Ok guys, sorry, sorry, I knew you would have been offensed...
I found the jumps and tricks very nice in this video, but I really thought that more is too much in that case.

It was just my opinion, expressed with my own crude clumsy words of frenchy, and not a special attack to all american people.

But of course, I still prefer a video with too much cheap video effects, to no video at all.
so if it is your way, keep on going...

Surfdude
Rare Poster

Postby Surfdude » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:22 am

Yes I agree. All the special effects are to much. It doesn't contribute in any positive way to the video. Keep it pure and simple.

It's about kitesurfing not about how good you can work the edit software.

Just my opinion

:smile: keep smiling and have fun

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:56 pm

I agree with Bragnouff. This effects is ugly and tasteless. It is not necessary to take that as a criticism but rather as an advice(council) for the next video.

flysurfer59

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:35 pm

How about this....????
Some like em...some don't..I don't care really who is who or which is which...

Personally, I don't care if YOU like them or not....I really don't even care if you like me or not, let alone americans.

As far as future videos goes, how about we continue to produce them the way WE like them, seeing as how it is OUR time invested in them, and we just refrain from posting their beings here on this list for you to criticize....

Wasn't asking for opinions, and am not OPEN to any. I was just relaying to you all that the vid is there to be watched. Don't like em, don't come back. Don't like Americans taste, STAY AWAY, or better yet, blab it off to the world like you like to...demonstrate for us all your intelligence....I JUST DON'T GIVR A F**K!

Damned if I care to sink 20 to 40 hours into producing a video so you guys can tell me how shitty it is. Instead of complimenting it, you see it as someone trying to 'show off' their video editing skills. get real..get a life. Learn to edit one yourself before dogging those who do and or WILL do it...for FREE...for YOUR enjoyement!!

Kinda like Toby said..art....and choreography, and with a title like "Vapor Trail"...EXPECT IT from time to time. We have way more vids WITHOUT the effects than we have with them. And since when it is my job to keep you happy? Is it not enough that we provide the hours of work editing the videos and then having to serve them up to you and the rest of the www?

Check our site back from time to time for new vids, for those that DO like them, cuz I AM NOT posting anymore information here about anymore videos we put out. Not worth my time...and the opinions and advice they bring on are alot like nice person's...everyone's got one, but some STINK!

...and i just don't give a f**k!!

Johnny

Alf
Frequent Poster

Postby Alf » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:41 am

Johnny, I think you need to relax a little bit. They guy was trying to give some constructive critisism.

I too like you videos. Grrat moves, good music, editing that goes great with the music. But I also don't like the portions of the vids where all colours go whacky :wink:

Haven't seen your new one yet, donwloading it at the moment.

greetz,
Dènis

P.S. what video-editing software do you use ?? My parents just bought a digital-8 camera :smile:

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:34 pm

Dennis,
Sorry bro, but I just don't see words like..."...the well-known american bad taste..." as constructive criticism. TO add to that that pretty near ANYTIME I put a post on here it is attacked, flamed, or twisted around to make me look bad and that's getting old as well. I have all but stop posting here...the only posts I do at current is to tell everyone about the new content, and i am almost ready to stop making those post as well.

We edit with Adobe Premier. If you need some help making your first video, gimme a shout through e-mail and I'll be happy to help ya to get set up.

Johnny

Return to “Kitesurfing”