Hello Kite Travelers
What would your 2 week fantasy kite trip look like for the Caribbean in April ?
Looking for your suggestions & advice – we are thinking of 16th to 30th April (over Easter).
Have been doing plenty of research over the past 2 weeks (trawling through old posts on KF) and our prioritised short list is looking like:
1. Grenadines / Union Island or Carriacou - just watched Jeremie T's travel video - looks great. Travel to and from Union via Grenada looks OK from Holland.
2. Curacao - Seems to offer good Wind, Easy & cheap to get to from Holland, not too sure about the spectacular kiting part?
3. Los Roques / Isla Tortuga - Looks & sounds fantastic (thanks to posts we have read and Jeremie and his travel video) but maybe a bit basic for the wife and it seems a hassle to get to, think we need to go through Caracas which is looking more sketchy by the day.
4. The Rest (as easy-ish to get to) - St Maarten, Aruba, Bonaire, Barbados, Grenada, Martinique. (St Lucia would be here except very expensive to get to in April).
Ideas for any other spots also greatly appreciated, as is of course ideas for making the most out of the above short list. If this helps, our criteria are something like this:
1. Kiting wise, she likes no crowds, flat water, roomy & safe launch areas. He likes wind (at least 20knots, as 90+kg and hates big kites), medium waves for directional board, flat water.
2. Accommodation does not have to be full on luxury, but 'nice' and preferably at a kite-able beach (or short walk or boatride away - do not want to have to drive). Part land based/ part boat based safari also seems like a cool way to go.
3. Looking for a spectacular trip to match or top NE Brazil - Our Kite Trip ‘reference points’ come from: NE Brazil (Coast around Prea/Jeri) - been twice, the best we have found! / Egypt (Interconti Soma Bay) / Cabo Verde (Sal) / Boracay / Australia (NSW coast).
All replies greatly appreciated,