Favorite Beaches: fort pierce inlet
hatterass and the florida keys, cozumel
Style: wake
Gear: Eclipse 8m,10m, 12m, thruster and 12m kima
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse team rider

Re: Star Kites review? anyone have one?

Postby gozokiteboarding » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 am

Heres what I got off there website for the EXA and the SBOW

EXA- The 2011 ExA, Starkites hybrid model is designed and built for one purpose, top notch freestyle performance. It is intended for demanding riders looking for big/lofty jumps, high powered tricks and mega loops.

Now on its third R and D year, we specifically focused on dynamic stability control.
This enables the ExA’s potential to be fully exploited at high winds, enhances safety at the extremes, and steering comfort in order to stay focused on the actual trick instead of the kite. Keeping our competition riders in mind, we have maximized upwind ability in order for them to throw more tricks during their heats.

The ExA comes in one-pump system and reinforcements at the leading and Trailing edges.

With its huge wind range, heavy duty construction, and ease-of-use, this kite stays at the top of the charts.

SBOW- Now on its 6th year of R and D, the SBow’s reputation speaks for itself. Designed to fulfill the expectations and ambitions of our most passionate clients, we have optimized the SBow using feedback from our pros and numerous kite schools.

With the endless possibilities for all disciplines and conditions, the SBow remains a favorite for wave riders as well as beginners.

This year we gave the SBow a more athletic response by enhancing the kite's predictability when driven hard. The highly efficient profile offers tremendous power without penalizing the ability to fully depower at any given time; this brings unrestricted agility at higher speeds. We also gave the SBOW a one-pump system and reinforced the Leading and Trailing edges to maximize durability.

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby jumarcil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 am

gozokiteboarding wrote:Any one have a review of the new 2011 EXA or Sbow? please
I haven't tried the 2011 but I sure did like the Exa 2010; I tried the 9m and 11m and both were great kites. It tried them in steady wind but also in gusty wind and they behaved well in both weather. The Exa is a mega boosting kite. I will try the 2011 for sure.

The Sbow 15m is really a great lighwind kite by the way .
Jules

gozokiteboarding
Medium Poster
Local Beach: fort pierce jetty

2011 StarKites 11m Exa review

Postby gozokiteboarding » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm

I just received my 2011 11m Exa a week or so ago.

A little about myself
I am 135 pound rider
I ride a 125cm Litewave board and Firewire surfboard

First off I like the bag It comes very well padded and well sized to fit a kite in not to small or to big. also has headphone portal built in.
Only complaint about the bag is if you like to leave struts the way it folds out the struts face the ground so its kind of awkward.

Moving on to the kite it has a really bombproof construction. Everywhere it could have a reinforcement it has one but not to many to make the kite heavy.

There bar is a great improvement over there last year. I haven't found anything wrong with it as of yet will post if I do. Overall seems like a great Bar!

I have Flown the kite in multiple condition's heavy gusty 25knts+ wind to light wind.

The kite has a good amount of lo end and was able to get me up and planing in about 13knts of wind on a surfboard.
In heavy wind the kite behaves well absorbs gusts pretty well. The kite jumps super big and is very lofty great for doing board off and old school trick.
As far as new school wakestyle the hybrid design makes it a very good freestyle kite and has alot pull for doing unhooked stuff.
As far as doing kiteloops it pulls well through the entire loop. though in my opinion it is not the fastest turning kite I'm used to riding 8m and very fast turning kites so looping to me the kites requires a lot of input.
In the waves the kite performs actually quite well it floats down the line in side shore conditions. though the slowness of the kite took some getting used to where I'm used to every turn on the waves I'm used to looping the kite or redirecting the kite with this kite I didn't have to as much.

Overall a great kite can't wait till my 9m arrives and my 10m Sbow comes in!

montanna
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby montanna » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:03 pm

yeah, they are great kites. very steady, predictable, fast turning. i love riding them in waves and even flat water. i got a sick deal from the guys at cosmic kites. they have been selling me all my gear and they even took back a kite i bought once that i did not like.

anyway, i ride a 9 and 11m and very happy. i also have fone bandits

i guess i have too many kites?

kite safe and have fun

Kitesurfing1
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitesurfing1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Hey Gozo

Please give more details around the new bar!!!

gozokiteboarding
Medium Poster
Local Beach: fort pierce jetty

Postby gozokiteboarding » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 am

The new Bar is a great!
Such a big improvement from the old bar.
I will describe the from chicken loop up.
The chicken loop is your standard chicken loop with a on the bar donkey dick.
Moving on to the quick release it is a very simple system and can be put together with on had.
The leash can either attach a to a ring attached to the chicken loop suicide style witch comes undone when the quick release is triggered or it can hang so if the bar is let go the the kite will flag.
Which brings me to my favorite feature it has a below the bar hand swivel so you can manually un-spin your lines if need be.
The bar is soft but not to soft and fists comfortably in your hand has nice groves for your fingers.
The knots for adjusting are nicely hidden by the floats.
All the spectra line is coated with plastic to prevent wear and tear.
the de-power system is a simple strap system red strap for less and white for more.
The throw is not to long so that people like me with short arms can still reach the bar when let go.

Hope this help Kitesurfing1

Return to “Reviews”