Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Aquera foot strap Screw size??

Forum for kitesurfers
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aquera foot strap Screw size??

Postby Billy B. » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Any one know the foot strap screw size on Alex's race boards I am short one and the hole it goes into is already "tapped" to this size, I can't find a US size match and would love to find the correct size so I can order a couple online...

Any help would be great?

Thanks.

alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha

Re: Aquera foot strap Screw size??

Postby alex a » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Billy B. wrote:Any one know the foot strap screw size on Alex's race boards I am short one and the hole it goes into is already "tapped" to this size, I can't find a US size match and would love to find the correct size so I can order a couple online...

Any help would be great?

Thanks.

Message subject: Re: Screw size for foot straps??
Folder: Outbox
Hi Billy,
I am assuming you have the Production board? If so, it is a close version of the #12x 1" sheet metal screw in Stainless steel. I have a Metric version of this screw that is similar packaged with these boards. It might be a little tight with the #12 when first tightening it but should be OK.

If it is a custom raceboard that I made then the size is #10x 1" sheet metal screw in Stainless steel.
If it is a production raceboard that was built in Vietnam then you can use the #10x1" also , but if it is too loose switch to the #12x1" Sheet metal screw in SS.
Do not put a screw longer than 1 inch in either style of my raceboards because it will bottom out.
Let me know if this helps!
AA

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Alex,
Thanks for the reply. And all the good race updates at this forum, Keep um coming!

It is a production board made in Vietnam so the screw size is right between the #10 and #12. and the threads are a different pitch then either. Thats what I was confused by, I was hoping to figure out the metric size, do you know it?, and order some online so as not to have miss matched screws for traveling etc., and or to cross thread/weaken the plastic and pull out. Perhaps the best bet is to go to a full set of the #12 by 1 inch Stanless sheet metal screws????? :?:

Thanks again I have been borrowing A CR from a friend and finally bought one of my own used, but it came missing just one screw... I love the ride it is for sure the best coarse board I have ridden I just want to ride my own now and am a single screw away from doing so!

BB

alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha

Postby alex a » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Billy B. wrote:Alex,
Thanks for the reply. And all the good race updates at this forum, Keep um coming!

It is a production board made in Vietnam so the screw size is right between the #10 and #12. and the threads are a different pitch then either. Thats what I was confused by, I was hoping to figure out the metric size, do you know it?, and order some online so as not to have miss matched screws for traveling etc., and or to cross thread/weaken the plastic and pull out. Perhaps the best bet is to go to a full set of the #12 by 1 inch Stanless sheet metal screws????? :?:

Thanks again I have been borrowing A CR from a friend and finally bought one of my own used, but it came missing just one screw... I love the ride it is for sure the best coarse board I have ridden I just want to ride my own now and am a single screw away from doing so!

BB
I think you should be alright with the #12's. I am not sure what they call the metric thread. Do not force it with number 12 if it seems like it will not turn any more. If the number 12 is too tight you can predrill it out a tiny bit with the proper size drill bit and then put in the #12. Put some tape on the drill bit so that you will not drill past 1"!
Hope this helps!

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 am

Sounds great, Thanks a bunch Alex.

Return to “Kitesurfing”