Forum for snow- and landkiters
tk
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FS - 15m Ozone Manta 2

Postby tk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

I just upgraded to an M3, so my 15m Ozone Manta 2 has got to go. It's green/black, no tears, no repairs. Package includes the bar, lines, canopy, and pack. Message me through this board if you're interested, and I'll get you some detailed pictures. I'm thinking $750.

Thanks all! Happy kiting.

By the way, I just flew this kite yesterday at a new spot for me. Great stuff. That's Denali in the background.

Windzup
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skyline and Strawbs
Favorite Beaches: Any Mountain with snow and wind.
Style: funky
Gear: my favorite kite
Brand Affiliation: NONE, Be yourself and fly what you like... I do like Ozone People tho!

Re: FS - 15m Ozone Manta 2

Postby Windzup » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Good price on the kite!

Not trying to hijack the post, but that looks really close to Denali (relatively). Are you riding near Cantwell or Healy?

I've wondered about the roadside options there, as I spent a summer working at the Igloo Gas station and I remember miles of open tundra to play on... (long before I thought about kites as traction devices).

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

www.FlyOzoneUSA.com

tk
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Thanks Brian.

The spot pictured is Flathorn Lake in the lower Su Valley - about 20 miles as the crow flies northwest of Anchorage. But to get there from Anchorage is a 1.5 hour drive up through Wasilly, then a 30 minute snow machine ride. The terrain is better than you'd think for a frozen lake in the middle of a flood plain. Dunes toward the south end of the lake provide enough features to keep it interesting.

Jim Chaplin (Chaplin AK Air) has been flying folks out to Flathorn Lake in the summer for water kiting. The reports are good, and it's only about a 10 minute flight from Anchorage. That's where we got the idea to try it for snow kiting. As you know, the biggest problem up here is figuring out where to go and how to get there.

Broad Pass up toward the igloo gas station (that's awesome that you worked there by the way - how bizarre) is one of those untapped meccas we keep trying to find in condition. It's about a three hour drive from Anchorage. A friend of mine has done some exploratory trips up that way and reports sastrugi, good wind, and bitter cold.

If we get up there this spring, I'll throw a report up.

Noahpz
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Big mtn snowkiting w/ lots of freestyle
Gear: Ozone Hyperlink V3 - 7,9,11,13. Ozone Chrono EXP 15m.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Noahpz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks for the pic. Yeah, it may be a small kicker but the magic of being under Denali with a sunny sky makes it! Its sort of like lingerie, its what you can see that sexy and what you can't see that make you want it sooo bad. That's AK for me!

Return to “Snow / Land”