Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2011 Ozone Frenzy Review

Forum for snow- and landkiters
duloid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova, Dunaj, Slnava
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011 Ozone Frenzy Review

Postby duloid » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:25 am

Craz Z wrote:
I don't want to seem like a ass but it's always the same thing with the foil kites, You always hear statements comparing them to good pump up kites.

P.S. to all the pump haters get a compressor and watch yourself flying before your foil friends.
yeah Craz Z but don't forget that you have to wait for the right wind to get your tubes flying, while foil is climbing second hill already :baby:

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:28 am

duloid wrote:yeah Craz Z but don't forget that you have to wait for the right wind to get your tubes flying, while foil is climbing second hill already :baby:
thats funny i've always seen it the other way but i challenge that seen it both ways trust me its not the kite its always the guy dangling below no matter which kite he/she is on. :naughty:

Skilz not the kite :thumb:

Im not supposed to hijack according to jamcril so has anyone put the blowout preventors on the new frenzies to the test.

ravil
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Volga river
Favorite Beaches: Blagovechenskaya, Anapa Black Sea,
Hurgada, Dahab Egypt Red Sea Dillon Lake, Powder Mts,
Gear: ozone in winter
f-one in summer

Postby ravil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:53 am

yeah.. And I remember also as a few years earlier I met a guy in the middle of huge reservior Jugulevskoe sea marathon\ in about 8 miles to bank pulling his deflated kite because he didn't take the pump and even backpack. in a weak wind. He was resqued a few hours later by event host snowmobil but he didn't look pretty happy about his tube kite.)).
So if race or ride close to resque use tube, you win but if solo in hard weather conditions no choice exept foil kites and even in foils not many of them.

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:31 am

shit happens still remember that one time flying on a frenzy broke the safety made a complete disaster outta the lines I said its a mile in chest deep powder to the car with no one around do i fix the kite or start the exhausting journey alone. After 2 hours of sorting the line and nearly putting the kite back together for the 3rd time the safety let loose tangled the lines and left me stranded shoulda started the walk sooner. had my back pack but not another kite nor did i have shoes which i bought the very next day not that it helped my desparete situation. If you're back country u must carry backups no matter what kite your on or what sled your riding rule number 1.

How many actually plan for problems and kite accordingly even if it is close to the car? a mile in deep snow is bad 8 miles would spell death to most. Its not the kites fault.

ravil
Rare Poster
f-one in summer

Postby ravil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 am

yes. I almost always exept light wind days for single trips take set of two kites. Access 4m and Frenzy 10m.
That guy was lucky that on river ice there are not too much snow - less than knees usually.
Powder walk kills.

ravil
Rare Poster
f-one in summer

Postby ravil » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:51 am

I got new Frenzy 11m. It's really fast. I started not first one in Kite Soldiers Idaho race but easy overtook the tube kite . For better control I was forced to short back lines and had full power so I have no idea how new 11m Frenzy works in strong wind yet..

Return to “Snow / Land”