Style: Wave
Gear: Slingshot, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Firewire 2010 Lineup!

Postby Neil T » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Looks nice.

What happened to the Felix models though?

Thanks

Neil

Uride2
Medium Poster

Postby Uride2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 pm

firewirekite wrote: First off, the hole in your surfboard model. The firewire surfboards are not meant by any means to kite on if you are riding a surf specific board. Firewire
I know, I know... But so damn nice, it had to be done!!!! :D

I have the Kite Quadraflex as well, and that is by far the BEST kitesurf board I have ever rode with a 14m and 15m kite. It can handle the lite winds, has a great outline and enough rocker to have fun in head high waves.
Last edited by Uride2 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firewirekite
Rare Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: Firewire

Postby firewirekite » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 pm

All the kiteboards are still the Felix models. He may chime in as well with any questions. This is his journey that he started and so far the response has been overwhelming.

The quadraflex we agree was a great board and still is, but we wanted the best of both worlds and thought a shorter and stouter board such as the 5'8" Dominator would be a perfect fit. You will be impressed by the light wind and onshore chop/slop performance this board has.

The Taj 5'11" also is an insane board for those looking for a skate'y board with a very snappy top to bottom feel. It digs rail to rail better than anything we have ridden. It is a strapless trickster's dream board.

Firewire

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 am

Please gets some bigger testers. Your models overlook bigger guys.

I'm using the bamboo 5'11 El Fuego. Another friend is doing the 6'1 El Fuego. The best board I've owned, and I've owned a pile of boards.

I did have to add deck glassing to slow down the heel dents. Worth the hassle though.

I ride it strapped and strapless.

Another point, your strap inserts appear to run down the centerline. I hate that. I twist my straps to allow a more natural foot position.

Please add more models and improve the insert placement.

firewirekite
Rare Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: Firewire

Postby firewirekite » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Dwight wrote:Please gets some bigger testers. Your models overlook bigger guys.

I'm using the bamboo 5'11 El Fuego. Another friend is doing the 6'1 El Fuego. The best board I've owned, and I've owned a pile of boards.

I did have to add deck glassing to slow down the heel dents. Worth the hassle though.

I ride it strapped and strapless.

Another point, your strap inserts appear to run down the centerline. I hate that. I twist my straps to allow a more natural foot position.

Please add more models and improve the insert placement.
Dwight -

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding bigger riders, we have done just that. One of our riders is 6'4" and 215-220 lbs. I think that qualifies as a bigger than average rider. In fact, the 5'8" and 6'2" was added with the bigger rider in mind. The 5'8" Dominator will be more than enough volume for the bigger than average rider. Please check out the specs at: http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/kites ... itesurfing

We have put much abuse through our testing process. The heel dents are due to the lighter density foam you have in the 'surf' models that are not designed for kiting. Please do note that the new models are constructed with top notch materials and layers that the 'surf' models do not have.

We will be adding more models in the future, but as of right now we feel we have a solid quiver to jump start our program. We have tested the boards in virtually every condition. You will be surprised on the range and performance of the 5'8" dominator in comparison to the el fuego you currently ride.

Regarding the foot strap inserts, we feel we have placed them at the most strategic areas according to Felix and feedback from other riders. They work great from our experience, not say though that different insert locations is out of the question.

Thanks for the feedback and happy riding.

Firewire

MonkeyAir
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Firewire 2010 Board Review

Postby MonkeyAir » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Any chance you will have a 6 foot dominator kite model? For daily surf and kite option for us heavy and light wind guys it would be a great one 195 in light wind So Cal, my customers would really like that option. The old five ten fish is a huge surface area with volume and the daily surf and kite option, for a thruster application, the six foot seems minimal. Have been reading the reviews of the surf models everywhere since the intro of the surf model. Thanks for considering a six footer:0)
Traig
MonkeyAir.com
Happyinsurf.com

Return to “Reviews”