All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: galapagos
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 am 
Rare Poster

hi does any one knows if it possible,and permitted to kite in galapagos island, in wich island and when its the windy seasson. i will be there in mid april,i am an experienced kiter.the fastes you answer the better for me thanks sam

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: galapagos
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

please, if you go and kite there, collect beach info and few pictures and upload it to www.splocs.com to share with others!

Would be a great help!!!!

Thanks and have a great trip!
Toby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 pm 
Rare Poster

I think the windy season is more June, July, and August, but I was there at the end of March last year and it was windy. Check with tour companies about when the water is rough...that's the windy season.

However, I think there are old posts here on kiteforum saying kiting is banned on the islands. I'd be surprised if its changed. Also - if you go on the cruise-style of visit (which I would say you want to do...the best islands are not the ones you can stay on), you are not going to have a lot of time for kiting and you won't get to pick where you are for your breaks. Usually, when you are not out on an island walking or snorkeling, the boat is moving to the next island.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:00 am 
Rare Poster

I also think the season is from May/June to Nov...same as the mainlad. Gets windy when the cold water arrives from the south.

I have asked in Isabella island if kitesurfing is permitted and was told NO ..... I have heard the same from a couple other riders.

However, I think its ok that they dont permit it ......once you get to the islands you will understand why.

I hope you have a greeat trip and enjoy!

[ 4 posts ]