Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo 2011 Spring Demo Tour and OBX Crew Event!

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Ocean Rodeo 2011 Spring Demo Tour and OBX Crew Event!

Postby ORSales » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Ocean Rodeo's got a lot going on this spring! Below is a list of formal demo weekends and events planned for the spring. If you can't make it out to one of these events, contact your local retailer to set up your own "micro" demo event at your own home spot! We actively support all dealers who wish to run such an event!

Every event listed below will have a full assortment of all of our 2011 gear on hand, including the much discussed (for example, here and here) 2011 Razor, 2011 Rise, 2011 Mako, 2011 JT Pro & 2011 Surf Series Directional

2011 Spring Demo Tour and OBX Crew Event!

April 24th-May1st, Hatteras NC - Held in conjunction with Kitty Hawk Kites - 7 day East Coast Crew Event and Demo Tour! Chance to win a 2011 kite, demo the 2011 gear and meet other Crew members!

May 14th-15th, Long Beach CA - Held in conjunction with Kitesurfari - 2 day demo event, come out and ride all the newest 2011 gear, meet other local riders and join us for a post session pint!

May 28th-30th, Hood River OR - Held in conjunction with Windance Boardshop - Join us for the Memorial Day Long Weekend in Hood River Oregon for our 5th annual demo day / season opener event! A chance to win some cool prizes, demo all the newest '011 gear and a Saturday night BBQ and Ho Down - party details TBD.

June 18th-19th, Bellingham WA - Held in conjunction with Kite-Paddle-Surf - 2 day demo event, come out and check out the new shop and demo all the 2011 gear, meet local riders and join us for a post session pint and possible international / cross border challenge!

July 2nd-4th, Sherman Island CA - Held in conjunction with Windy Devil - Spend the July Long Weekend at Sherman Island with the OR Crew! Demo all the 2011 gear, hoist post session pints, compete for prizes and meet other local OR riders!

August 19th-21st, Nitinat Lake BC - Join us for our 5th annual Nitinat Lake Crew Event! Come out for 3 days of 2012 equipment demos, contests, music and fun on Nitinat Lake, Vancouver Island. Held to coincide with each year's Windfest this annual event routinely draws over 300 kiters from across the NW as well as hundreds more spectators and family members!

ImageImage

John Z - OR

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo 2011 Spring Demo Tour and OBX Crew Event!

Postby grantman54 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 am

I want to try and make the Longbeach event. Kitesafari guys are way cool and I have been wanting to demo the Razor.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Grant, great to hear! We look forward to seeing you at that event - and, yes! - The Kitesurfari guys are great dudes!

kitesurfari
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Southern California Kiteshop

Postby kitesurfari » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:56 am

aw shucks...

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:20 am

Can't wait to hop and pop with the new wood core King,
dang if it don't feel lighter and flexy'r than ever man! 8)
ImageImage

dpca10
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dpca10 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 pm

For the west coasters, if you haven't made it up to Nitinat, that is a must do! Such an easy trip. Some of the most steady boosty wind i've ever kited and a great atmosphere. Probably 50-100 people in the water but the place is so huge it never feels crowded. OR always secures the best spot on the beach for camping. All in all a sick trip.

tommeltot
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: .

Postby tommeltot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:40 pm

I had a really memorable time at Nitinat in August of 2008. I made the trip from the UK and spent a week camping by the side of the lake soaking up the sun, making the most of the windy conditions and lapping up the hospitality offerred by the Ocean Rodeo team.
It was great to meet many fellow riders from both Canada and the US. I'd love to head back there in the future. I don't know any other kite company that runs these kind of events for their customers and of course prospective customers.
I'd thoroughly recommend these events to anyone who wants to meet fellow riders and sample some very good kite gear. The Ocean Rodeo team will definately look after you!
I've attached an image of the lake below. This was taken on one of the busy days during the wonderful conditions we scored during the Windfest event.
I'd point out for those that don't know - the lake is huge and so there was plenty of free space to kite even on the busy holiday weekend when 'Windfest' was on.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 am

This just in! Ocean Rodeo's Ontario Rep Jeff Lane is headed to Cuba April 5th-16th and is inviting all those who wish to join him to email him directly to hook up and ride in the Cuban sun.

If you live in Cuba, or will be visiting during the 5th to the 16th of April, be sure to get in touch and have a go on the newest '011 gear!

Our Events page has been updated with the full scoop on this event too. Click here!

tommeltot
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: .

Postby tommeltot » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Not able to attend any of these crew events so have taken the plunge and purchased an 8m Ocean Rodeo Razor kite together with an Ocean Rodeo Surf Series board. This company have been good to me in the past and I have had no complaints with their gear. Now just need the right conditions to get out there and have some fun!

mossman
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: http://oceanrodeo.com/kiting , www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com
Quality Gear , Great Prices

Postby mossman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Looks like a good time :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”