All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hookipa the day after the Tsunami!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 pm 
Frequent Poster

You should expect good wind and moderate waves. April is on the edge of the winter swell season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 pm 
Medium Poster

WaveRider001 wrote:
Hey Alex,
thanks for sharing these great pics! I will be on Maui next week, arriving on Sunday April 4...
How do you rate the conditions at the beginning of April? Is there a good chance to get nice waves and wind together?
I have been a lot of times on Maui and at Lanes, but never in April... Would like to get your view on what I can expect...
I will bring my 5.7 naish custom and 7, 9 nomads...

See you on the water
Joerg

April is usually a great month for both wind and some of the last waves of winter! We have a swell starting up today 3/29, so there are still some more swells in the forecast. Usually the swells die out in May or towards the end of May. It is supposed to be pretty big on 3/30 with forecast of 20 ft faces in some locations. When it gets that big, Lanes is closing out so Kanaha is a good spot to get some nice waves for kiting. 7 and 9 are good wave kite choices.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:12 am 
Medium Poster

Hey Alex,
yeah, sounds great! Thanks a lot! I have been on Maui last October/November and catched some decent waves! Hopefully I am lucky again...
Which kites do you fly? Mayby we meet at the beach...

See you
Joerg

@yomotha: thanks to you, too

alex a wrote:
WaveRider001 wrote:
Hey Alex,
thanks for sharing these great pics! I will be on Maui next week, arriving on Sunday April 4...
How do you rate the conditions at the beginning of April? Is there a good chance to get nice waves and wind together?
I have been a lot of times on Maui and at Lanes, but never in April... Would like to get your view on what I can expect...
I will bring my 5.7 naish custom and 7, 9 nomads...

See you on the water
Joerg

April is usually a great month for both wind and some of the last waves of winter! We have a swell starting up today 3/29, so there are still some more swells in the forecast. Usually the swells die out in May or towards the end of May. It is supposed to be pretty big on 3/30 with forecast of 20 ft faces in some locations. When it gets that big, Lanes is closing out so Kanaha is a good spot to get some nice waves for kiting. 7 and 9 are good wave kite choices.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm 
Medium Poster

I fly Cabrinha Switchblades for the surf and freestyle. I have a black 6m and white 8 and 10's.
Hope to see you at the beach!
AA

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2