Favorite Beaches: Magnuson park, Seattle
Style: wake, old skool, racing
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: race fin education?

Postby radam » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:37 am

A limited number of Rista fins are being produced right now in Hawaii for races and will be available shortly for release, in 38-46cm lengths. Anyone interested can contact me at radvance@live.com as I will be taking orders for Paolo.

Adam Koch and I have been working closely with Paolo through the winter, and we have recently added Chip Wasson to the R&D team in San Francisco.

radam
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Magnuson park, Seattle
Favorite Beaches: Magnuson park, Seattle
Style: wake, old skool, racing
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Postby radam » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 pm

since i got a number of questions by email, just fyi Adam Koch and I have been testing fins and training in Seattle this past week and the latest Rista fins are showing excellent performance in our most recent testing in comparison our other previous fins - oh, and Adam Koch is devastatingly fast on his new rista fins... which was a bit too bad for me :-? time to get my game on, i guess... :evil:

slightlyimperfect
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Slave Lake
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby slightlyimperfect » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:25 am

Im trying to find some US Box Fins for a race board I will be using for lightwind purposes only.

Does anyone have any suggestions on styles that will be good for lightwind performance? The board has the option for pairing with FCS fins as well. What works best?

thanks!

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 pm

slightlyimperfect wrote:Im trying to find some US Box Fins for a race board I will be using for lightwind purposes only.

Does anyone have any suggestions on styles that will be good for lightwind performance? The board has the option for pairing with FCS fins as well. What works best?

thanks!
This is just a guess, as it will depend on a lot of things, but Maui fin Company fins are widely available and their US box fins most like normal raceboard fins are the Freewave.

http://www.mauifin.com/fins/freewave/freewave/

mawerik
Rare Poster
Local Beach: italy
Favorite Beaches: mauritius sardina
Style: wave race
Brand Affiliation: Naish Gas fins

Postby mawerik » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 pm

slightlyimperfect wrote:Im trying to find some US Box Fins for a race board I will be using for lightwind purposes only.

thanks!
contact gas fins italy
he have same race fins in us base

stringy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: seattle, wa
Style: freeriding

Postby stringy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:19 am

vincent55 wrote:i have started racing for the last couple of months and really want to get into it. i have realized that fins are very important and also realized i dont know much about them. for instance;
what is G10 all about?
what are the different types of finboxes?
where can fins be purchased?
also i am riding the monaro V2, it is already outdated, but i will make due with it for the upcoming summer. i would like to try different fins on it though, perhaps some straight and longer ones.
does anybody know if it is possible to get these for this board?
is the finbox on the V2 a mini tuttle?
riding in western canada all summer so something close to there would be ideal.......thanks in advance
G10 is a high strength cloth based material laminated in a epoxy resin, that can be CNC machined somewhat easily and has low water absorption characteristics.

on most recent race boards you will see tuttle and powerbox design fin boxes.

check out the squamish racing program and also head to Seattle if possible for racing all season long. more info on NW racing can be found on www.pskite.org

as for development and what works best for your board, last year was a major year in fin development and refinements. Paolo Rista and his team of R & D riders has spent a considerable amount of testing, doing all the foot work for us already. I'd suggest contacting Rista in regards to what would work best for your board. He knows his stuff and is close to you (maui).

thehand
Medium Poster

Postby thehand » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 am

enid
Rare Poster

Postby enid » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:38 pm

vincent55 wrote:thanks guys, got a better handle on it now. looks like the gas fins r1 evolution will be my best bet. gonna push it and go for the 30 cm 0 degree cant. these are about the only ones i can find that use the mini tuttle box. i think just 2 of them in the front fin position, hopefully it will help to flatten the board out and point a little more upwind. good advice Borist about not ripping out the boxes. every V2 i have seen has had them repaired just from the stock 22 cm fins.
Hi Vincent!

I have also Monaro V2 and am thinking about changing the fins with longer. Have you tried already with 30cm fins and O cant? Is it working well? Regarding GPS information I do with original fins 60 degree upwind angle. With longer fins I expect to gain a few degrees upwind angle! Are the mini tuttle boxes sufficient - I am not sure about that.

Regarding the video:

http://vimeo.com/22401908

I am not sure if it works?

Best regards.

Enid

sniper68
Rare Poster

Postby sniper68 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

stringy wrote:
vincent55 wrote:i have started racing for the last couple of months and really want to get into it. i have realized that fins are very important and also realized i dont know much about them. for instance;
what is G10 all about?
also i am riding the monaro V2, it is already outdated, but i will make due with it for the upcoming summer. i would like to try different fins on it though, perhaps some straight and longer ones.
riding in western canada all summer so something close to there would be ideal.......thanks in advance
G10 is a high strength cloth based material laminated in a epoxy resin, that can be CNC machined somewhat easily and has low water absorption characteristics.

check out the squamish racing program and also head to Seattle if possible for racing all season long. more info on NW racing can be found on www.pskite.org

as for development and what works best for your board, last year was a major year in fin development and refinements. Paolo Rista and his team of R & D riders has spent a considerable amount of testing, doing all the foot work for us already. I'd suggest contacting Rista in regards to what would work best for your board. He knows his stuff and is close to you (maui).
Attachments
S1820008.jpg
epoxy G10 or carbon fins...

sniper68
Rare Poster

Postby sniper68 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 pm

stringy wrote:
what is G10 all about?

Attachments
2012-05-17t161255z_1598950987_gm1e85i00ob01_rtrmadp_3_yachting.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”