All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Harness
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:48 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi. I am looking to get a seat harness for snowkiting and was thinking to get it online, since we do not have kite stores here. (and it is probably cheaper)
I was wondering what size should I get? My pants size is 32-33.
Since I will be putting it over the pants and a coat, should I get a size large than my pants size?
(so instead on M to get L)?
Also, do you think seat harness will work better than waist harness for snowkiting?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Harness
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

get a waist harness unless you have a bad back. Stay away from the diaper!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 pm 
Medium Poster

I do agree that the diaper style like the Dakine Fusion are not good for snow. That was my first harness. But... I've been loving the lower-profile seat harness like the ozone (and possibly the mystic although I haven't tried it yet). I generally forget I'm wearing it. I've even hiked a bit and forgot it was on.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 pm 
Rare Poster

criznach wrote:
I do agree that the diaper style like the Dakine Fusion are not good for snow. That was my first harness. But... I've been loving the lower-profile seat harness like the ozone (and possibly the mystic although I haven't tried it yet). I generally forget I'm wearing it. I've even hiked a bit and forgot it was on.

Could you tell me what size you got? I mean, since you wear it over a ski jacket or the pants, do you get a one or two sizes up you waist pants size? How does it work?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:10 pm 
Medium Poster

The ozone is one size fits all and is very adjustable. It's fit every person I know that's tried it so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 am 
Rare Poster

criznach wrote:
The ozone is one size fits all and is very adjustable. It's fit every person I know that's tried it so far.

You are right, but it seem to be just for snowkiting ( and not meant for water use )

It just doesn't make sense to get two harness that do the same.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The Ozone Access SB harness will fit him fine ... there's a couple of big boys I know who it doesn't fit :lol:
Also, Peter Lynn do a range of harnesses too - apparently the Divine is very popular with the buggy crowd ... who wear it over clothing ;)
http://www.awindofchange.com/mm5/mercha ... -spreaders

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:16 am 
Medium Poster

blueforest wrote:
You are right, but it seem to be just for snowkiting ( and not meant for water use )

Well this is the snow/land forum. :D But seriously... You're probably right. I used mine on water a few times and it didn't stay up as well as it did with snowpants and jacket. Plus, I agree it doesn't appear to be made for water use. I've been using the Dakine diaper on the water.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:34 pm 
Rare Poster

the North seat transformer is good as you can remove the seat part and wear it as a waist harness

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:43 pm 
Rare Poster

slingfuel05 wrote:
the North seat transformer is good as you can remove the seat part and wear it as a waist harness

I got the North waist harness. Got a good deal on it. Got is in Medium size (I am 32"). I figured that I will be either wearing it over rush guard or underneath a ski jacket over ski pants and base layer. (many advised me not to wear it over the jacket, since it accumulates snow while riding and freezes.) M = 32-34 which will work both ways.

[ 10 posts ]