montauk
Favorite Beaches: punta cana
Gear: 12 m convert
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish custom fish or wainman passport

Postby hamptonLI » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:06 am

I'm a beginner/intermediate kiteboarding who is look for a surfboard to get into waves. Also looking for a board for my dad, who is just starting to ride, that can go upwind very easily and is good in light winds. I live in long island so the waves are very mushy and usually small. Im not sure if i want to ride with straps or without probably without but my dad defiantly wants straps. Im debating weather to get the passport because of the it is better strapless or the Naish custom fish.
Any ideas which would better suit me

demo243
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Rhode Island/Connecticut/New Jersey
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish custom fish or wainman passport

Postby demo243 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:20 am

I have been very happy with my 5'8" custom fish. I can take it out as long as there is enough wind to keep my 11 in the air, and I have had it out in 35-40mph on my 7m. Really fun board, quality is pretty nice too. Still riding it strapped. If you want to go strapless your prob better off just getting a beater used shortboard... alot cheaper.

Here is a link to my overview of the board.
http://masskiting.com/kiteboarding-foru ... ustom-fish

Return to “Kitesurfing”