All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: New here, looking for gear!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey guys im new to kiteboarding so im looking for my first kite, im 5"11 at 170 pounds, my friend told me to go with a Bow kite 12-14m.Is that around rite? Looking for all the gear, but want to buy the kite first, a decent used kite thats not blown out. So if anyone doesnt mind shipping im located in New York, Let me know if ya wanna sell me a Bow Kite, doesnt matter what brand, but i really want a Freak dog unleashed or something around that. thanks alot Email Mficken31@gmail.com with info and pics/price of what ya got. thanks for your time, really appreciate it .

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New here, looking for gear!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:21 pm 
Rare Poster

bumpp, let me know guys, email me mficken31@gmail.com . thanks alot!, hoping to get practicing soon, just been playing with the trainer kite and thats too simple.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

All depends on your riding conditions. Bow/SLE/Delta doesnt matter. They are all pretty much the same thing these days. They are all gonna work great for a beginner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 pm 
Rare Poster

I will be kiting on a bay which the water is always calm and it blows 10-20 average, I just prefer a bow because a had numerous of people around my area that the bows are great for a first kite and are easier to use and more safe then a C. They all use 12-14m kites around my size and weight .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Absolutely. I wouldn't recommend a C kite either. BUT just because a kite doesn't say Bow on it doesn't mean its a bad kite to learn on in todays world. If your winds are in the high teens when you guys ride I would probably be on a 9-11m with your weight. Im 185 and at 17 I ride a 9m. Some kites have more power than others. I think a good 11m would be a great kite if you are looking to ride in 15-20

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:38 pm 
Rare Poster

Ahhh that opens my selection, rly not even sure with what size, I mean I guess its actually a little lower then high teens, maybe around 10-16 is more like it. So anything 10-14 would be ok or ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am 
Medium Poster

Have a look at what other guys about your weight at the beach are riding on a typical day, that's the easiest way to know what size you'll need

[ 7 posts ]