Converting Tuttle to mini Tuttle

Forum for kitesurfers
mogthedog
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tenby
Favorite Beaches: fresh west
Style: waves
Gear: north rhino 2009 12M, 9M & 7.
D'light 5'10 x 18 1/4 custom surfboard and 5'10 2007 North Rocket fish and Large North Jaime pro 2007 and 2010 North raceboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Converting Tuttle to mini Tuttle

Postby mogthedog » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:04 am

Hi, I have just bought the 2011 Race 69 North Raceboard and have found it a handfull in strong winds.
My question is. Is it possible to get a full tuttle to mini tuttle fin box adapter, so I can use some of my mini tuttle fins in the full tuttle box when the wind gets up?

Someone must have made such an item I just can't seem to find one anywhere.

I look forward to your thoughts.
Steve

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Re: Converting Tuttle to mini Tuttle

Postby leepasty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Stop being such a gayo stubbsy. going out now on mine 20knts and sat is looking like 25 now so we will see. Reckon its ok as long as waters flat and in super chop the older narrow boards are fastest as we saw at Exmouth
:baby:

mogthedog
Medium Poster
D'light 5'10 x 18 1/4 custom surfboard and 5'10 2007 North Rocket fish and Large North Jaime pro 2007 and 2010 North raceboard

Postby mogthedog » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Yes I noticed you wimped out in the 25knts we had on sunday in exmouth and went for the girly option :oops: Don't worry Mogs has borrowed my small North board for your weekend after seeing your display in race 2...

Yeah flat water is not a problem, just looking at options as next we are only allowed to use one board for the season, It would be nice to have some fin options available..

Sorry I can't make your weekend I was looking forward to the pasty at lunch and getting back on it in the afternoon, but i am working all weekend then off to find some waves in portugal next week.

Catch up with you soon..

Stubbsy..

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Gonna be 30knts by looks of it. not sure wether to use old board after tonights chop but will be racing in flat water on sat so should be ok. was 20-25 gusty and super chop down at marazion tonight. racing is other end of bay in the flat stuff as got boats

mogthedog
Medium Poster

Postby mogthedog » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:24 am

yeah they don't like chop, It feels like you have to OOCH them over the waves like we used to in dinghys. At least next year we'll have no choice and will just have to man up.
Yeah winds looking good for the weekend and the weather isn't too bad either, hope it all goes well for you.. Iam sure sat night will be fun anyway with the free beer.

Return to “Kitesurfing”