Forum for kitesurfers
jankie
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jankie » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:47 pm

Hello kiters,
Today I had a chance of trying the new Peter Lynn G-Arc, is one of the prototype made in New Zealand.
Is a 13 square meter or about as there is no size on it.
At first when I launch it my first impression is that is a very ugly kite more thin in the middle then in the side. But when I start to fly it WOOW…
First we launch it in around 8 knots of wind, as the wind was very light I decide to use my Malibu surf board. In the water in the same time there were only one Airush lift 16 and one Cabrinha 20 sm, both struggling to stay up wind as they were sinning the kite a lot.
Of course with the Malibu I had a big advantage and I was able to go up wind no problem.
After about 45 minutes the wind got stronger and I came in to get my Fridge door.
I would say about 10 to 14 knots.
The kite have the same characteristic of the normal arc: Autozenit, not luffing, launch and land in the power zone etc. and flight almost the same with a little more feeling in the hand. Turns a little faster then the 1120 and have a little bit more power. Very easy and forgiving to drive around the power zone, the kite also deliver power in a more smooth way, with my 2002 S-arc I always complain that in the gust if you hold the rail a lot the kite move too high at the end of the window and leave you with no power. With the G-arc this doesn’t happened you hold and the kite keep pulling.
The up wind is really good and the jumping is also really good definitely better then the S-ARC 1120 I was almost getting the same high that with my Airush lift 9,4 but in a more control and relax way. I was nicely power up but never overpower, the very nice thing is the landing, really soft.
The depower is better than a normal arc but I don’t think can compare with the range of inflatable. The kite is definitely a big evolution from the standard arc.
I never flight an F-arc so I can’t tell the difference, the kite doesn’t luff even in bad jump and I didn’t have a chance to try the water relaunching as it never went in the water.
I think the kite have a huge potential and as it is now can compare with the performance of a high aspect ratio inflatable 2002. Now we have to wait the answer of inflatable for 2003. Good job Peter Lynn.
If my friend Lance will let me flight it again tomorrow I will post some more impressions
And some picture.
Bye Jankie

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:33 am

thank you for your report!

pictures would be great :smile:

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:47 am

BTW,

I saw a guy flying an ARC yesterday, and twice, after watering, he had to swim back in. How likely are you to relaunch an Arc?

jankie
Rare Poster

Postby jankie » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:25 pm

Sorry guy,
I have been flying arc for 1 year and I never have problem relaunching of course you must know how. I now fly inflatable and had to swim few times. If the condition are wrong or your kite flips few times you will be swimming too.
If you crash an ARC on the water and the impact is really strong can happen that the rear velcro release open, specially if is not closed in the proper way, and you have to swim. But if also inflatable crashe hard ca happen that bladder explode!! and you still swimm....
So don't start with this kind of crap.
I just gave my impression on the new arc, if you like try one if not keep your old stuff.
Bye Jankie

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:37 pm

Take it easy...

I was not trying to diss anybody, just asking, since it is one of the first times I saw an Arc. So, I was curious to learn what the deal is with it.

Why is everybody always so defensive about their stuff?

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:42 pm

could have been me! was it orange? I bowtied mine once yesterday. It still relaunched, straightened itself out and then flew away. Another time I caught a tip and it layed it the water quite a while and took in 5 gallons through the vents. When I finally got in, i was told the wind had dropped considerably. That's why it wouldn't relaunch. The big sleds wouldn't launch either. All kites need air to relaunch. :smile:

jankie
Rare Poster

Postby jankie » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:12 pm

Hello friends,
I don't want to defend my stuff as the G-arc is not mine, I still use Airush Lift and I'm very happy with them.
I try to make a report of a kite that I have a chance to try and I think I'm one of the first to use it that is not a sponsored rider. Many people that own ARC and enjoy them will be happy with this new toys.
In my opinion in 2002 Peter Lynn lost some ground as the Standard ARC (better then the 2001 production) was loosing ground from the inflatable in order of top end performance and the F-arc is a really advance kite that don't relaunch really well from water.
I think that with the G-arc Peter finally is closing that gap with inflatables.
I don't post anymore in the e-group as there was always to many fighting between ARC and iflatable users and it was quite annoying.
That is way ARC users start theyr own e-group.
I like more the kiteforum as is more informative and less personal gossip.
Bye Jankie

Return to “Kitesurfing”