Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Velocity Games - Future Shock!

Forum for kitesurfers
Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Blow Me » Thu May 29, 2003 8:23 am

the 'Sliders and Kickers' just seem a bit novelty to me. I haven't seen anybody launch off a Kicker before, but really, whats the point? Do you get heaps more air, more air, or the same?

Its just 'Technical' Riding, thats it. Maybe good for show, but I just don't see it.

Cool pix though RickI, wow, over 3000 Stills! Sheeeit!
Nice work.

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: MAD MICK

Postby MadMick » Thu May 29, 2003 9:29 am

PH wrote::evil:
Mad Mick?
wgo the F&$"* are you.
Shut up and don't post anything if you don't like it.
Seems to me you are "THE best kiter in the world", right?
If so, you should know:
SHUT UP!
bye bye now, you idiot. :bye:
Well,your response shows what an idiot you are!! obviously some sort of redneck wakeboard freak!!

jetskis buzzing around,kickers,sliders. Sounds like a good ole Texan redneck wakeboarding gathering!!

Anyway,who the f*** are you to tell me to shut up ? If you don't like what I say,YOU should shut up and not post anything!

bye,bye dickhead!!

Ari Raptis
Medium Poster

Postby Ari Raptis » Thu May 29, 2003 9:33 am

mad mick, where you there?

I can't believe you would criticise it if you were. And if you weren't,well you should shut up!!

Bonehead!!

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Thu May 29, 2003 9:35 am

way to ruin the thread. :thumb:

maybe next time, take it into Private Messaging eachother so others don't have to read it

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu May 29, 2003 2:57 pm

The current listing of results with certain omissions follows. I am trying to fill in the gaps at present and will revise this listing as soon as I have the information. If anyone has corrections, missing sponsor information, etc. please send them (.flkitesurfer@hotmail.com). My apologies to the omitted winners but this should be corrected quite soon once I have the results.

WINNERS:

Pros

1st - Martin Vari Cabrinha
2nd - Andre Phillip Cabrinha
3rd - Jaime Herraiz North
4th - Sky Solbach Gaastra Kiteboarding

1st - Dana Pinto Caution
2nd - Julie Gilbert Cabrinha
3rd - Anke Kirshner North
4th - Laura Eastman Wipika

Outlaws

1st - Cliff Stone
2nd - Brad Lange
3rd - Jeff Beige
4th - Jeff Dela Garza

Amateur

1st - Jim Cesaroni
2nd - Mike Danish
3rd - ???
4th - Steve Ginter

Juniors

1st - Ben Kleppe
2nd - Julian Wohlad
3rd - Gunner Rodgers

COMPETITORS LIST:

Pro Men

Sky Solbach Gaastra Kiteboarding
Dimentri M.
Kirk Peterson

David Tyburski
Jason Stezak
Corky Cullen

Jaime Herraiz
Elliot Leboe
Denver Coon

Chris Gilbert
Mark Doyle
Mochau Gould

Jeff Tobias
Andre Phillips
Tom Sykes

Maurico Abreu
Hamish McDonald
Fabian Frick

Martin Vari
Ben Wilson
Tony Delcotto

Marc Ramseier
Ben Meyer
Andy Hurdman Gaastra Kiteboarding

Women Pros

Julie Gilbert Cabrinha
Anke Kirschner North
Julie Simsar
Laurel Eastman Wipika
Renee Hanks Wipika
Bri Chmel
Dana Pinto Caution
Rebecca Wolthers
Jody Taliaferro

Outlaws (Advanced or former Pro riders, not currently paid to ride)

Cliff Stone
Brad Lange
Francisco Escudero

Kevin Collins
Zach Kleppe
Scott Harwood

Neil Hutchenson
Damien Leroy
John Cole
Antonire Jaubert
Johann Scholz
Troy Lawson

Jefi Beige
Olaf Johnson
Robby Manard

Antonire Jaubert
Johann Scholz
Troy Lawson

Amateur

Marco Castellanos
Jim Cesorani
Duncan ???

Michael Danish
Steve Sullian
Joel Turner

Steve Guenther
Jeff Schilling
John Good

Greg Meischerd
David Hirthu
Jay Marazon
Jim Pinault
Olaf Johnson
Robby Manard

Juniors

Ben Kleppe
Gunner Rodgers
Julian Wohlad
Last edited by RickI on Thu May 29, 2003 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

h2oslider
Medium Poster

Postby h2oslider » Thu May 29, 2003 4:16 pm

2nd place in Outlaw was Brad Lange, took us a while to place Cliff and Brad, both were super stylie and smooth in their riding. When It came down to it Cliffs intensity and altitude of his tricks sealed the deal for him. Both are excellent riders.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Thu May 29, 2003 4:36 pm

h2oslider wrote:2nd place in Outlaw was Brad Lange, took us a while to place Cliff and Brad, both were super stylie and smooth in their riding. When It came down to it Cliffs intensity and altitude of his tricks sealed the deal for him. Both are excellent riders.
Thanks Paul! Brad is a strong rider and put on the recent kiteboarding competition in Islamorada, Florida.

Brad Lange putting on the moves in Islamorada WITH a leash ...
For larger image click: http://gallery.kiteforum.com/albums/alb ... ence_s.jpg

More info and corrections to the results would be appreciated, thanks![/url]

[img]javascript:showWindGraph(5,25,2003)[/img]
Last edited by RickI on Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Thu May 29, 2003 4:38 pm

:o Your sequence shots are looking good RickI. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Thu May 29, 2003 10:12 pm

I will do my best to keep this short and to the point.....but most of you already know that's not really me. So let the ramblings begin!

First off, I 100% agree with Rick I...kiteboarding IS moving on up and moving on into the future! It's also doing it in a much safer way, making safer environments for all, thus helping to secure it's own future. I personally think that we have Rick Iossi to thank for this in a very large way. He has been here for years, being persistant for years, typing the same stuff over and over and over(cuz boneheads just don't get it the 1st 100 times) for years, working for free or next to it for years, and staying true and dedicated even while being ridiculed by some....by several some's in the beginning. In fact, in the beginning, I think he had more people against him, his ways and his ideas than he had standing beside him...yet he still persisted! Now, luckily, more and more people are starting to realize just how phuctup their thinking has been, and they are finally coming around. His ideas have gone from his local forum, to national forums, to international forums. They have gone from local competitions, to state competitions, and now even the bigger competitions. This is one hell of an accomplishment...one that he is proud of I am sure. He should be proud too! I would be. Rick, 2 thumbs up to you bro!

I also agree that a few of you are trying like hell to turn this thread into a flaming piece of shit. Nice try...but NO CIGAR!

MadMick, I think your comments were a bit strong, but those are your thoughts and opinions. Like it or not people, MadMick is entitled to those opinions. All he did was to say it like he means it. He did NOT resort to name calling(until he was attacked personally). He did not ridicule Rick or say anything negative about him or his report. He simply stated, strongly, that he disagrees. Not a damn thing wrong with that! It is his opinion. Telling him to shut up, or go away, or calling him names, IMHO, is out of line. Those that took part in that BS are doing as much...no, doing MORE than MadMick to ruin this thread. He did nothing to ruin it. We should try NOT to be hypocrits.

I know I am prolly going to catch a world of shit for saying this, but someone has got to do it. Kiteboarding is boring!

So you don't like kickers and sliders huh? Well, they never were my thing either. I always viewed them as debris on the water. However, how long do you think you can have fun dangling around underneath a set of kitelines? Spinning, flipping, twisting....Believe it or not, once you have thoroughly mastered it all, it can become boring. Look for big name windsurfers to cross over to kiteboarding and love the shit out of it for a few years while they master it, only to give it up and go back to windsurfing one day. Because it is more challenging and less boring for them once they have mastered the kites. The kickers and sliders and other toys make things more interesting for some, and they make kitesurfing interesting AGAIN for a few. Hard to say what we will see next year...maybe bigger kickers and sliders, maybe more of them, maybe less. You can bet though that you will see SOMETHING to help keep the spice in it for those that get to do it 70 hours or more a week.

I expect to see leashes common place again one day too. I have never stopped using one from the day I first started, so using them is of no hassle at all to me. I hate like hell to be unfashionable(I wear kitepants), so I'm sure the leashes will become the IN thing again cuz I USE 'EM! :wink:

I like the idea of having space for the runaway kites to go to without putting the public in danger like it was at this contest. I think an even better idea would be to have it set up like that, make damn sure the riders are aware, and let them know that any runaway kites will more than likely was ashore over in that area or can be retrieved from the trees in that area, but the contest will NOT be spending any resources on people or craft to chase your runaway kite with. LEASH IT OR RISK LOSING IT! That theirs the way it is in the real world and that their is the way it should be in the contest scene.

Pea's Out!
Johnny

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Thu May 29, 2003 10:43 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence Johnny and all your hard work on behalf of the sport. Kiteboarding does make for an interesting hobby.

Julie Gilbert pops one ...
Click for larger image:
http://gallery.kiteforum.com/albums/alb ... flys_s.jpg

I am working on another article and should upload it soon presenting images on and off the water of the women riders including Laurel, Julie Gilbert, Anke, Dana and all the rest at the Velocity Games. It should present lots of interesting shots and info about the remarkable nine pro women riders that competed.

Return to “Kitesurfing”