Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Experiences with Airrush wake style 141?

Forum for kitesurfers
kiterdude
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiterdude » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:37 pm

I am thinking of buying this board.....how is the board in combination with the Cabrinha freestyle plates......Any experiences ...please let me now.

Mahalo!

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:33 pm

I have ridden a 141 wakestyle now for ~ 1 month. The board is the best i have ever ridden. It is incredibly controllable and allows you to hold down an insane amount of power. It really needs full boot bindings though, i use the Cabrinha axis pros. The board also requires a fair bit of power to get it going, so you'll want to be comfortable holding a big kite in big winds. I ride a 12.2 LIFT (15.2 flat area) on this board from 15 knots up until 25 knots (I'm 89kg and ride in flat water most of the time).

Cheers,
Matt

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:06 am

it's a good board!

(when we're talking about the red one with the pickelfork-tails?)

kiterdude
Medium Poster

Postby kiterdude » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:15 am

hey,

I mean the white one from this year (and carbon/black bottum). Good the hear the board is so steady in overpowered conditions. I want the use the board in combinantion with my arx 17,5. My weight is 78 kilo's so I hope I don't need too much wind....what do you think? And mybe can you tell me what the disadvanteges are with using the board withouth wake-binding but the the Cabrinha plates instead....not enhough control or grip maybe..?

Mahalo!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:25 pm

Hi Mahalo,
if you ride the board with full boot bindings you certainly will get a hell of alot more grip. I have never ridden the board with footstraps, so i can't compare, but Kitesurf mag. reviewed the board and said bindings are a must. It is a very narrow board as well, but having said this it provides the ultimate in control. Even when you come off the lip of a wave and get ripped downwind in the air in gusts, as soon as the board's rail hits the water it just digs straight back in and keeps going. at 78kgs and with a 17.5 ARX i'd say you'll need at least 12 knots to stay upwind. Overall, the 141 wakestyle is an awesome board, but i really think you'll need the full boot bindings to get the performance out of it.

Cheers,
Matt

kiterdude
Medium Poster

Postby kiterdude » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:38 pm

Hey Matt,

AHHHHHHHHH I just bought the board and the shape looks soooo good. I live in Holland and today and next couple of days....NO wind. A friend of mine told me that it should be no problem to use the board with the Cabrinha plates. I agree with you that wake-binding should give me some more grip but than I cant make NO-footers...

Mahalo!

Return to “Kitesurfing”