Style: Free style
Gear: 2010 SS Lunacy
2010 Waiman Smoke
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Traveling to Cabarete!

Postby juanpablomdq » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Hey Everyone! Im travelling to Cabarete next month and im trying to decide where to stay (if everything is not booked already!!)

Im deciding if i should look for something on kitebeach or maybe something more calm like cabarete hostel a little bit outside town.. Is it easy to get arround with the equipment ? (busses, bikes rental, or something like that) Am i going to "miss the action" by not being close to the center?

Any advice helps!

thanks!

theconsul
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Kenya, Diani Beach
Style: old school
Gear: Wainman and Best

Re: Traveling to Cabarete!

Postby theconsul » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:21 pm

juanpablomdq wrote:Hey Everyone! Im travelling to Cabarete next month and im trying to decide where to stay (if everything is not booked already!!)

Im deciding if i should look for something on kitebeach or maybe something more calm like cabarete hostel a little bit outside town.. Is it easy to get arround with the equipment ? (busses, bikes rental, or something like that) Am i going to "miss the action" by not being close to the center?

Any advice helps!

thanks!
you could take a look here http://www.swellsurfcamp.com/ good ratings!!!

and this one http://www.agualina.com/

and maybe this http://www.kitecamp.com/

cheers :-)

usohail
Rare Poster

Postby usohail » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 pm

This website allows you to find the distance between cities or any two places using Google maps.
The calculated distance will be shown in miles and kilometers.Using this tool is simple; you can enter two cities or location names and press the measure distance button, and also drag the markers to desired locations. Every time you move the markers the
distance between them will be calculated automatically in miles and kilometers.

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding
Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi juanpablomdq,

if your goal is to kite as much as you can kitebeach is probably your best choice. You do not need to carry around your equipment just start right from the spot.
I personally would not like to live in the center of cabarete because it is too tempting to go out every night and than it's harder to kite the next day :) It's also more quiet if you are not directly in the centre. There are lots of places in between the centre and kitebeach and even further. Of course if you are into partying, your way home is shorter if you life in town.

I live in Playa Encuentro about 5 min on a scooter from kitebeach (10 from towncentre) and manage a little hotel called Hooked Cabarete there. Playa Encuentro is the main beach for surfing in the Dominican Republic and when there is wind it is also nice for kiting in the waves there. We work together with Kiteclub on Kitebeach and if you stay with us, you can store your Equipment there and use the compressor for free. As we mainly get kiters and surfers as guests it is easy to meet other like-mined people here. If you are interessted just find us on Google.

Moving around in Cabarete is easy. There are Mototaxis, Minibuses (Guaguas - they just pick up everybody on the side of the road) and normal taxis. You can also rent a Scooter oree a car if you want. I like it the most to move around with my own scooter, because its fast, flexible and economic.

If you have any further questions, regardless wether you are interessted in staying with us, just let me know.

Hang loose
Nino

juanpablomdq
Rare Poster
Local Beach: El balcon
Favorite Beaches: Isla de coche
Style: Free style
Gear: 2010 SS Lunacy
2010 Waiman Smoke

Postby juanpablomdq » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:17 pm

hey!! Thanks to both of you for your answers! Too bad I see them now tham im back! jajja I have a great trip! I stay in cabarete hostel that is located in procamp a private neighborhood 5 min from cabarete center. I rented a cheap bike that it looked that it was going to fall into pieces but had a lot of mistic and a locker y kitebeach inn to leave my stuff just in front of kitebeach!
I went in july bc they say is the windiest month but i was a little disapointed with the conditions.. i was expecting more winds 18+ and more flat water... I took a couple of days to travel arround and i strongly recomend going to las terreneas in samana peninsula.. Do the quad excursion with this french guy Nicolas.. he takes you to the coffee route and then to el limon waterfall. AMAZING PLACE!!! you could swin into the waterfall and even get behind it.. there are caves behind the waterfall where you could just relax or even have some sex like i did ;) jajja again amazing trip!
I strongly recomend people going there but dont expect extreme good conditions just a lot of fun! One more thing.. everyone is really friendly but be carefull and night when you are drunk bc there are always some dominican guys that are looking for a fight..

Good winds!

Return to “Travel”