Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Board North Free Race ?

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Hello everyone. I have your answer for North Freerace because it is my favorite board !! I have ridden this board over 40 times!! First it is twin fin 14cm (5 1/2") base 10.5cm (4 1/8") so it tracks upwind SupaEZ yet it is "skatey" and turns on a "dime" when carving a jibe to toeside or if you do a stepjibe. Also 2 front straps angled near center makes it SupaEZ to switch your front foot. Edges heelside on rail similar to twin tip and generates quickly apparent wind. You can ride heelside upwind with back foot out of the single back strap. I did add some traction strips between front and back pads (not included by north) For toeside it is more comfortable and you get more leverage with back foot out since board so wide and floaty back there.At one foot off the back it is 43.5cm (17 1/8") wide. Compact lenght 164cm (5'4") wide 47.5cm(18 5/8") thick 5cm (2") fast flat rocker with 4mm single concave all the way to the back at 1.5mm. Tucked surf rails that become sharp 14" from tail. This board is so much fun and efficient that with my 2011 rebel 12M i can start riding in the ocean in 12mph. For less wind i still have a super EZ time on my speed3 21m starting in 8mph. North construction is very strong.I have landed tail first many high jumps (15 feet +) if wind happens to pick up. In conclusion it is the finest hybrid out there blending a twin tip and surfboard. Took me about 1/2 hr to get dialed in to the board. You can turn and ride from 1 to 4ft waves with style.Also rides smooth in chop and higher winds too. Hope this helps all. Yoo Hoo!! SupaEZ

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:18 pm

By the way on my reply for Freerace Review i should have told my weight 75kg (165lbs) & Years kiting 12.5 SupaEZ

laroyboards
Rare Poster
Local Beach: mission beach san diego
Favorite Beaches: San Quintin Baja Mexico
Style: freeride
Gear: Wainman kites Best Kahona kites and my boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby laroyboards » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 am

point of interest: start with your rear foot in front of the rear strap and stay there until u pick up a good amount of speed then slip it in the rear strap . if u put your rear foot in rite away u will sink the tail and very much slow down the board.

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

I have one for sale if anyone interested from the UK £350 deliveredhttp://www.pastyadventures.co.uk/stuff-4-sale.html

Return to “Kitesurfing”