Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Two NEW kiteboard packages for $5. ea.!!! (Association)

Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:39 pm

Don't snooze on this one or you will lose! The AKA is having a raffle with some major kiteboarding gear up for only a $5. USD ticket! These are complete packages kites, boards, bars, etc. up for grabs. You don't even have to be an AKA member to go after this great stuff. The contest is open to particpants from around the world. The number of tickets sold to date is pretty low so the odds of winning with lower sales are higher than normal. So check out the site and register at:

https://vp3.netgate.net/cgi-bin/aka/tgkr.cgi

The prizes are summarized below.

Good winds,
Rick Iossi

<snip>

Kite Surfing Package
Retail Value $2447
Hey! This time we are trying something different and giving you the choice of one of two great kite surfing packages.

Both packages include a 5'8" Brunotti Dragon Twin-Tip KiteSurfing Board and a Peter Lynn Kitesurfing Seat Harness with a swivel-hook bar. The difference is in the kites. Your first choice is the Peter Lynn Ram Air Package. This package includes a 1120 ARC Kite, Bar, HiVis Q-PowerLines 300/200, Chicken loop, and a Harness loop. The second choice is the Ocean Rodeo Inflatable Package. This package includes Bronco 12 kite, Bar, HiVis Q-PowerLines 600/600, Chicken loop, a Harness loop.

To be honest with you, I would not know a chicken loop from a harness loop and have no idea what the advantages of one kite over the other are. You can check out the kites, board and other kitesurfing stuff at http://www.quadrifoil.com/products.htm. However as we get some more info on this package, I will update this description.

Photos of the rest of the package to follow. And yes I know that Callaway, NE is landlocked, the location was locked in before the item.

Courtesy of Active People
There are 833 of 1000 tickets remaining for this item.
The reserve of 350 tickets on this item has not been met.
Web ticket sales for this item will end on 08/25/2002.
The winning ticket will be drawn at Callaway Kite Flight - 2002 on 09/01/2002.

Kitedemon
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitedemon » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:54 am

Ehh.. Is This Legit?? Anyone Know?

Seems a Bit Dodgy

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:48 pm

The AKA has membership of about 4500 from about 17 different countries I think and has been around for about 36 years. Active People, the North American distributor for Peter Lynn and Ocean Rodeo elected to provide these prizes to this organization for this raffle.

Sounds legit to me.

Rick Iossi

Kitedemon
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitedemon » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:46 pm

Nice One.. Seems Like a Good thing to enter. Might check it out, and besides I NEED those Prizes :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”