Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish 2012

Postby coco123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:23 am

NickStuart wrote:
tautologies wrote:Hey,

Anybody know if the 2012 universal control system will have some form of "safe suicide" connection. Connecting leash to chicken loop and 5th line? (similar to north's setup).

Cheers
It does have the ability to hook to the chicken loop and the safety release. Just hook into the yellow depower leash first then hook into the chicken loop. The hooks are bigger allowing you to hook to both. This allows you to hit the release when in suicide and it will flag the kite out.

Cheers,

Nick
Hey Nick,

Must have a look at the 2012 bar, the 2011 leash clip looks quite narrow and could catch on the chicken loop when released (perhaps this is why Naish did not advertise this as a connection option for 2011.)

Have you tried this approach yourself?

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:36 am

is much difference between 8 and 9 m park sorry for the turn i talk about 2011 park

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 am

coco123 wrote:
tautologies wrote:
coco123 wrote:Hey,

Anybody know if the 2012 universal control system will have some form of "safe suicide" connection. Connecting leash to chicken loop and 5th line? (similar to north's setup).

Cheers

The one I used did not. However the easy fix is to just get a metal ring on the CL... A buddy of mine use that, and it works great. I'll ask him what diameter it is

Anybody else done this?
I've fitted s North suicide ring to my 2010 bar, haven't used it in anger yet but looks like it should work. I used to clip my leash to CL and 5th line but Naish leashes are crap so I use a North one now which won't fit over both.

Jay

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 am

nikolaygadzhev77 wrote:is much difference between 8 and 9 m park sorry for the turn i talk about 2011 park
about 1 meter ;-)

..but seriously this is the information I got about that..the 9 was modeled after the 8 profile, and obviously edited.

It definitely has more pull. I've ridden the 8 quite a lot, and a 9 a few times. There is definitely significantly more pull in the 9. Still turns fast :-)

coco123
Rare Poster

Postby coco123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 am

JGTR wrote:
I've fitted s North suicide ring to my 2010 bar, haven't used it in anger yet but looks like it should work. I used to clip my leash to CL and 5th line but Naish leashes are crap so I use a North one now which won't fit over both.

Jay
Did you put the yellow depower around the "big ring" and attach the leash to the smaller ring?

Cheers

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 pm

coco123 wrote:
JGTR wrote:

Jay
Did you put the yellow depower around the "big ring" and attach the leash to the smaller ring?

Cheers
I moved the red ball up, untied the knot. I got rid of the plastic sheath. I tied the North ring straight onto the end of the yellow line - I tied it onto the bigger part of the ring. I then pushed the red ball back down over the knot. I attach my leash to teh smaller part of teh suicide ring, the CL goes through the larger part.

Only thing I worry about is the metal buckel on the end of the CL getting caught in the ring if it was to pull through in some weird angle - but to be honest I only use suicide it when it's unhooking weather and my Torches have loads of depower, it it's blowing hard I use it normally.

NickStuart
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River, OR

Postby NickStuart » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm

coco123 wrote:
NickStuart wrote:
tautologies wrote:Hey,

Cheers
It does have the ability to hook to the chicken loop and the safety release. Just hook into the yellow depower leash first then hook into the chicken loop. The hooks are bigger allowing you to hook to both. This allows you to hit the release when in suicide and it will flag the kite out.

Cheers,

Nick
Hey Nick,

Must have a look at the 2012 bar, the 2011 leash clip looks quite narrow and could catch on the chicken loop when released (perhaps this is why Naish did not advertise this as a connection option for 2011.)

Have you tried this approach yourself?
Yes I have. The 2012 leash is new and will allow you to hook to both.

Enclave
Rare Poster
Local Beach: no beach at the moment
Favorite Beaches: Elliot Heads, Oliva (Spain)
Style: everything
Gear: naish torch 14, Shinn Supershinn
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Postby Enclave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 am

Just back from two days of testing.

Photos from the Torch 2012 on endless wind.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 am

Enclave wrote:Just back from two days of testing.

Photos from the Torch 2012 on endless wind.

I had a look at the 14 Torch at the beach here...unfortunately no test for me..on the Torch yet. Can you include a little note about how it differs from last years? If you got to ride the 11..I'd be interested in hearing how it was :-)

KE
Medium Poster

Postby KE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:01 am

I see there is a plastic coating on the depower line.
How does this affect steering (Friction)?
Is it the standart 5mm dynema that is used for the depower rope?
Great that we are back to above the bar trim, but why not use a cleat system for trim, straps are crap in my opinion......?
Is the issue with fatige on the LE fixed (between the 1st and 2nd strutt)
Is it possible to get the kite as multi pump?

KE

Return to “Kitesurfing”