Switch Method 7m

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Switch Method 7m

Postby dyyylan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 pm

If you're trying to ride a 9m in 9-14mph wind, you're doing it wrong. Or you're an 8 year old.

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards
Been thanked: 0

Postby tkettlepoint » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 pm

snorr wrote:"A kite should be pumped up 1/3 the way and then go and play with the leading edge to get the bladder straight, the 2/3s the way do the same, at full pump the bladder should be good to go then."

Hi Terrie: what do you mean go and play with the leading edge...do you mean go away and play and leave it for a bit, or should I physically play with the leading edge or manipulate it in some way?
Snorr once you pump the kite up1/3 pressure you should massage the leading edge of the kite AKA play with it. this will help make sure the bladder is in the right spot. and so on at 2/3 the way. it just makes sure the valves are all in the right place and the bladder it self is not twisted .

A kite can twist alittle from a hard smack on the water even. Alot of people don't even know it is twisted. You can tell by pumping it up and lay it on the leading edge and see if one wing tip is higher then the other. To fix it just deflate it to 1/3rd pressure and massage the leading edge the oppiste way it is twisted and it will straighten out. Might have to do it a couple of time to get it perfect. I once had a kite that was pulling to the right. Check the line lenght, checked pig tails, check everything that I could think of. Then had a brain frat adn check the leading edge to see if it was straight and I found it was out by 1 inch by a tape measure and that is all it took it to make it pull to the right.

just my 2 cents and trying to help out the new people. I didn't have no one to teach me when I started

Terrie

turfAndsurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: San Diego
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby turfAndsurf » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

dyyylan wrote:If you're trying to ride a 9m in 9-14mph wind, you're doing it wrong. Or you're an 8 year old.
I was not trying to ride, as I stated in my original post "I had put up the Method 9m just to fly around on land because it was blowing between 9-14 mph" the average was 12 mph. I did this just to get a feel for the kite, I was not expecting to ride it but I did expect it to stay up as I have done this in the same spot with similar conditions with my Kahoona 9.5 which is consider a wave kite.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 am

They have stated clearly on their website, they are not making beginner kites like Cabrinhas & the Kahoona.

screwfootsc
Medium Poster
Style: strapless

Postby screwfootsc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:58 am

:wink:
Last edited by screwfootsc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

overhead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North coast cali...
Style: Waves and waves

Postby overhead » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 am

Quote from Switch about the method...

"Method will require more from you than a tame pivot turn kite, but this kite will take you to the next level."

Commit to flying the kite and it will not disappoint. Get it off the beach and into waves and you will find that it is more than stable enough.

Delmar78
Medium Poster
Gear: F-One B6 and SS Fuel
Tablas boards

Postby Delmar78 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Flew my friends Method 7m on the beach the other day with a Slingshot 2011 bar (worked like a charm, no tweaks needed!) in about 13 knots, the canopy was flapping quite alot when I looped it.

Otherwise it felt nice, stable, not 2 fast turning just hate those 7m kites that flies like rockets through the window.

turfAndsurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: San Diego

Postby turfAndsurf » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 pm

[quote="Oldnbroken"]They have stated clearly on their website, they are not making beginner kites like Cabrinhas & the Kahoona.[/quote]

I'm not looking for a beginner kite, that is why I was trying out the 9m Method.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 pm

overhead wrote:Quote from Switch about the method...

"Method will require more from you than a tame pivot turn kite, but this kite will take you to the next level."

Commit to flying the kite and it will not disappoint. Get it off the beach and into waves and you will find that it is more than stable enough.
There are plenty of high preformance kites that are stable, quick and can be set to high or low bar pressure.
Admittedly they are more expensive....
Bar pressure is not what tells you where the kite is. It's the overall feedback. I can set my kite to high ot low bar pressure and still feel where it is.

KAWIKA
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Switch don't get payed by Switch luv the kites & price

Postby KAWIKA » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 am

Here is what I think is happening guys are ordering kites and flying them on other bars with different length lines and the kites are not performing like the guys who are flying kites on Switch bars on 23 meter lines also I think the methods performs hands down better in the waves on 20meter lines And the kite does not lose power on 20s like other kites :thumb:
The winds are light here in Florida but I have not missed a session on my 12 nitro :thumb:

Return to “Reviews”