Edge 2012

Forum for kitesurfers
ELLINAS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Edge 2012

Postby ELLINAS » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:37 pm

I heard that some guys have it allready. True or...?

Any pictures-videos-infos about the Edge 2012?

Aris

Hannay
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Re: EDGE 2012

Postby Hannay » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi, the Edge will continue the same as the 2011 one until it needs to be bettered. At the moment it is wining everything so there is no need to change, all the team riders dont want a change and it has already pitted against the other brands 2012 ranges and is still out in front.

If it aint broke... and all that.

There are some tuning kits coming out for the Edge 2011 which Johnny and Adam and the top guys have been trying, a simple refinement for racing but no change to the kite.

Other brand team riders are buying the Edge.

Cheers Iain

ELLINAS
Very Frequent Poster

Re: EDGE 2012

Postby ELLINAS » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:37 pm

That makes sence- it's a winning machine why change it?

thanks man

Aris

puchanix
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Edge 2012

Postby puchanix » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 am

What about the Catalyst & C4? When can expect the 2012 to become available and are there any significant changes in them?

Thanks.

A.

rikki
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fonda Antioqueña (San Andres Island-Colombia)
Lago Calima (Cali-Colombia)
Favorite Beaches: Everywhere where is windy !!!!!
Style: Fast
Gear: Race, FreeRide
Brand Affiliation: retailer SS, Naish, Ozone, Fone, North, LF, Cogua Boards

Postby rikki » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 am

I got the same info from Ozone, The Edge is gonna stay like it Is for 2012 !!! I have my quiever from 7 to 17 this kite is soooo good.

I compare the the Edge's into the the motorSport area, The Edge is like a F1 car, full perforformance, each racing detail is in it, other kites are regular sport car you can buy out there.

WjM
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefelds Barcelona, Spain.
Malgrat de Mar, Barcelona, Spain.
Favorite Beaches: Delta del Ebro, Trabucador, Spain.
Leucate, La Franqui, France.
Dumps, Brandon Bay, Kerry, Ireland.
Style: Race board / Wave board
Gear: 2013,17,13,11,9,7m edge
2011 8m & 5m C4
Mikes lab race board, hydrofoil & 2010 kipuna
10´6 SUP (loving it on no wind days)

Postby WjM » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:01 pm

I had to bite, great sales pitch Iain. So we are paying top dollar for last years technology. Will the 2012 Edges be cheaper? due to the fact that they are 2011 gear? I know I am about to get slapped but I could not resist. I believe it is creative marketing reselling last years gear for the same price this year. I fully agree with the argument "if it is not broken" maybe it is a sign that we have reached far along the development potential in a short time. Will other brands follow suit? (not that you can comment on other brands)On the board side, two year old boards look like dinosaurs, the 2010 C4 still looks brand new and cutting edge. It is great to see that finally some body is setting a precident of not changing something for the hell of it. I have bought the sales pitch. Shit you are good at this.

Un abrazo...

WjM. :remybussi:

Hannay
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Hannay » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm

WjM wrote:I had to bite, great sales pitch Iain. So we are paying top dollar for last years technology. Will the 2012 Edges be cheaper? due to the fact that they are 2011 gear? I know I am about to get slapped but I could not resist. I believe it is creative marketing reselling last years gear for the same price this year. I fully agree with the argument "if it is not broken" maybe it is a sign that we have reached far along the development potential in a short time. Will other brands follow suit? (not that you can comment on other brands)On the board side, two year old boards look like dinosaurs, the 2010 C4 still looks brand new and cutting edge. It is great to see that finally some body is setting a precident of not changing something for the hell of it. I have bought the sales pitch. Shit you are good at this.

Un abrazo...

WjM. :remybussi:
Hi WjM, you not only bought the sales pitch but half of my shop this year! Ha! Thanks for being a great customer.

One thing that doesnt change is the constant drive for trying to make things better at Ozone. This is not a free process and also we dont live under an inflation free roof. All materials go up in price and transport these days is mental with the rise in diesel. So, the kites will be going up in price for 2012 I am afraid to say. Ozone will keep driving forward with great products and innovations, especially for you.

You know I have some 2011 Edges in stock still at the same price so if I were you I would get off the computer, sneak out the house and get your ass down here for some serious retailing and a mojito. It is about time....

New from Ozone Paragliders... insane R&D...

Return to “Kitesurfing”