Aguera CR 69

Forum for kitesurfers
ELLINAS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Aguera CR 69

Postby ELLINAS » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Question : Is the production CR 69 A 2011 model or 2010 ?

Only the LE CR 69 is diamond tail, or are any of the production CR 69 diamond tail also ?

Thank you in advance

Aris

ktouhey
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I fly a lot.
Style: waves
Gear: Naish kites & boards, O'neill wetsuits.
Brand Affiliation: Naish, O'neill - Canada Team Rider
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aguera CR 69

Postby ktouhey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm fairly certain that there is only now one Aguera board being made, which is the LE CR 69, which is a production-qualified board, and which does have a diamond tail.
The model year is fairly arbitrary, but I guess that would make it a 2011.

so in short... if you call Alex and buy a board, then yes - you'll get the one you want.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 pm

In this photo, the CR69 (the yellow one) doesn't have a diamond tail.

http://alexaguera.com/wp-content/upload ... odels1.jpg

It would be best to email Alex on email: alex@alexaguera.com

ktouhey
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I fly a lot.
Style: waves
Gear: Naish kites & boards, O'neill wetsuits.
Brand Affiliation: Naish, O'neill - Canada Team Rider

Postby ktouhey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I think that photo is out of date. But quite a few of my friends have new LE CR69's, and I raced against Alex 2 weeks ago - all of them have diamond tails, and all are from the same mold.

but I could be way wrong. I don't have one myself.
you are best to contact Alex.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

ktouhey wrote:I think that photo is out of date. But quite a few of my friends have new LE CR69's, and I raced against Alex 2 weeks ago - all of them have diamond tails, and all are from the same mold.

My understanding from what Alex has written, I think there was (is?) that other design called the production (in the sense not custom made) CR69 - made in Vietnam, which is different from the LE CR69 - which is made by Alex in Hawaii.
And the LE CR69 is the one about to be ratified by the IKA for the production class.

alex a
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beaches on Maui like Kanaha, Hookipa, Lanes, etc.
Favorite Beaches: Hookipa
Kanaha
La Ventana
Most beaches in Florida
Style: all kinds
Gear: Aguera Boards
Cabrinha Kites
Brand Affiliation: Aguera
Cabrinha

Postby alex a » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 pm

ronnie wrote:
ktouhey wrote:I think that photo is out of date. But quite a few of my friends have new LE CR69's, and I raced against Alex 2 weeks ago - all of them have diamond tails, and all are from the same mold.

My understanding from what Alex has written, I think there was (is?) that other design called the production (in the sense not custom made) CR69 - made in Vietnam, which is different from the LE CR69 - which is made by Alex in Hawaii.
And the LE CR69 is the one about to be ratified by the IKA for the production class.
Ronnie is right, I have three models for the 2011 season. One is the LE CR 69 made out of a mold here in Maui. It is a diamond tail board. The other two boards are built in Vietnam and are called the CR64 and CR69, both have square tails. All three of these boards are sandwich construction and built in similar ways. I have just made the 25th board of the LE CR 69 and notified Markus of the IKA, so he should update the Production Board List to reflect this soon. There were seven of these boards racing in the Canadian Nationals two weeks ago.
Aloha,
AA

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:13 am

Damian going well on the Aguera LE CR69 at the American Championships, until he tacks 2 metres too early to make the last buoy.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 am

And this is the video of the square tail CR64 and CR69 boards, made in Vietnam. They also have Tuttle fin boxes, so should be very capable racers.

gbleck
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbleck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Well who hasn't understood the windward mark and blown a regata in the last race. Understanding by just a bit is worse then a lot. If it's obvious your not going to make it you bite the bullet and through in the two tacks. If it looks like you can just make it if you pinch a little harder you end up stopped inside the zone and you have no right of way. My dad and I call this trick snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Still less painfull then skipping a mark though.

Return to “Kitesurfing”